Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of talk going around the Internet about exactly what Zombies can and cannot do. I want to hear what others think about this. For instance I KNOW that zombies cannot swim. Therefore a good retreat would be on an island somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
Well my take on it is that Zombies were once humans and therefore, they don't have super human strength. The body will start to decompose no matter what. So every time the zombie exerts effort or uses the remaining muscles it will weaken, because the muscle tissue has no way of regenerating without working organs carrying nutrition and whatnot. So after awhile, the zombies would get weak and slow and basically would only be crawling.

They would start fast, but because of the muscle decomposition they would end up on the ground like an infant who can't walk.... I believe that you could wait them out if you could survive the first year or two.

They probably wouldn't even make noise, because if all the organs cease to function then the lungs wouldn't need to pull in air, so they would be like ninjas.
You would probably be able to smell their rotting corpse before they actually got to you, I can smell a rotting deer on the road half a mile before I reach it....
If they got a fresh meal they would gorge themselves, most of them would have their stomach burst and eventually it would burst out of them, which would decrease the stability of the zombie thus probably rendering them a pile of wriggling mush n guts.

Best defense? Setting up trip wires and bear traps around your camp, LOTS of them. they trip on the wire, then they crawl and get caught in the bear traps. I've often thought of making a movie "Dumb of the Dead"
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
O.M.F.U.G. said:
There is a lot of talk going around the Internet about exactly what Zombies can and cannot do. I want to hear what others think about this. For instance I KNOW that zombies cannot swim. Therefore a good retreat would be on an island somewhere.
They might not swim but the can sure as hell still wash up on a shore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
HAHA!

Now, if your correct Acidlittle, that they were, and are now humans, then wouldn't they still be able to drive a car or use a jet ski? If thats the case, Leons point on washing up on shore wouldn't even be considered?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
No no no, they aren't human but they are governed by the same laws of physics/earthal properties (just made up the word earthal, pretty cool). Zombies are driven to feed and the brain isn't firing on all fronts, just the basics to move and attain food, IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
Ah, understandable. I see where you are coming from now. Basically the snapse neurotransmitters have coagulated in some parts (I'm taking notes to discuss with my doctor).

But.... if parts of their brain is shut down and their flesh/bones are rotting away, then this means that their heart/lungs (like you said) will evenutally shut down. If for instance they caught an arterial bleed, then I would think they would bleed out, causing them to go into a myrofractional cardiac arrest. So really these shows that are saying to shoot them in the head would be wrong! They could just cut an artery and wait about 5 minutes for them to drop dead. :shock:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
Shit I have seen them washing up on my doorstep as fools who think I need help knowing what I know. Call them what you will, but I see fools regularly called:
-cops
-managers
-Mormon ministers
-cops
-cops
-cable guys
-cops
-City leaders
-Seventh day Adventists
-paperboys
-racoons
-dogs
-girl scouts
-stray cats
-native mollusks
-moths
-politicians
-fools

IN THAT ORDER.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
Um girl scouts? Didn't you know that Thin mints are a survival essential???
 
  • Like
Reactions: preppermama

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Zombies cannot be killed unless you sever the brainstem. These modern day shows are showing them hitting the outter cortext lining which will not work. You have to cut the brain away from the body. A good katana will do the trick with that. But it has to be a battle ready tang. ::rambo::
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
When the zombies do come for me, I will be ready. I will get them all into a central location and make them walk through some type of cattle processor where they will be cut up. From there, its like shooting fish in a bucket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
I bet people in california would have fun, they could just walk around houses with swimming pools and pluck off all the zombies that stumbled into the pools, they would be like zombie aquariums!!!

I also think that the natural wildlife would pick and eat at zombies, scavengers would pick them off. In my world zombies wouldn't go after animals, and animals can't contract the virus, so bears and vultures would rip apart some zombies helping us do our job!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
But if we had to eat those animals, the virus wouldn't be in the meat (according to your hypothesis), but it would be in the intestines. So everyone needs to stay away from chitlins.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
I would wear a gas mask, leather jacket, take a cane knife and a box of ignite-o fire starers with my shotgun and get to work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Guys, did you not see the news last month?

Apparently, zombies have been mutating for some time, and as reported by CNN there is now a sort of hybrid zombie that can tolerate water (evolution sucks eh), frightening I know, not sure if it's just the government spouting out more propaganda to frighten us, or if it's true.

But just be careful about jumping into swimming pools and stuff yeah!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
acidlittle said:
Well my take on it is that Zombies were once humans and therefore, they don't have super human strength. The body will start to decompose no matter what. So every time the zombie exerts effort or uses the remaining muscles it will weaken, because the muscle tissue has no way of regenerating without working organs carrying nutrition and whatnot. So after awhile, the zombies would get weak and slow and basically would only be crawling.

They would start fast, but because of the muscle decomposition they would end up on the ground like an infant who can't walk.... I believe that you could wait them out if you could survive the first year or two.

They probably wouldn't even make noise, because if all the organs cease to function then the lungs wouldn't need to pull in air, so they would be like ninjas.
You would probably be able to smell their rotting corpse before they actually got to you, I can smell a rotting deer on the road half a mile before I reach it....
If they got a fresh meal they would gorge themselves, most of them would have their stomach burst and eventually it would burst out of them, which would decrease the stability of the zombie thus probably rendering them a pile of wriggling mush n guts.

Best defense? Setting up trip wires and bear traps around your camp, LOTS of them. they trip on the wire, then they crawl and get caught in the bear traps. I've often thought of making a movie "Dumb of the Dead"
I would say with a no lungs your brain decays due to lack of oxygen, with a rotting brain theres no electrical impulses for nuerotransmiting synapses you can't control the myostatin and activin that make your muscles move, so In reality if that were to happen zombies would soon be no more dangerous than a household plant but only,exept semi alive I guess. it depends how many people and how fast it spread in the population before their muscles cease to function which would not take long in my opinion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
thomasdangerpowers said:
acidlittle said:
Well my take on it is that Zombies were once humans and therefore, they don't have super human strength. The body will start to decompose no matter what. So every time the zombie exerts effort or uses the remaining muscles it will weaken, because the muscle tissue has no way of regenerating without working organs carrying nutrition and whatnot. So after awhile, the zombies would get weak and slow and basically would only be crawling.

They would start fast, but because of the muscle decomposition they would end up on the ground like an infant who can't walk.... I believe that you could wait them out if you could survive the first year or two.

They probably wouldn't even make noise, because if all the organs cease to function then the lungs wouldn't need to pull in air, so they would be like ninjas.
You would probably be able to smell their rotting corpse before they actually got to you, I can smell a rotting deer on the road half a mile before I reach it....
If they got a fresh meal they would gorge themselves, most of them would have their stomach burst and eventually it would burst out of them, which would decrease the stability of the zombie thus probably rendering them a pile of wriggling mush n guts.

Best defense? Setting up trip wires and bear traps around your camp, LOTS of them. they trip on the wire, then they crawl and get caught in the bear traps. I've often thought of making a movie "Dumb of the Dead"
I would say with a no lungs your brain decays due to lack of oxygen, with a rotting brain theres no electrical impulses for nuerotransmiting synapses you can't control the myostatin and activin that make your muscles move, so In reality if that were to happen zombies would soon be no more dangerous than a household plant but only,exept semi alive I guess. it depends how many people and how fast it spread in the population before their muscles cease to function which would not take long in my opinion
But what if the zombie virus creates some type of chemical like photosynthesis that we are unaware of, providing oxygen to their cells. See, researchers have not figured this out just yet, but they are trying. So this is opposite from "I am Legend" where the zombies came out only at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
then we are SOL. unless we get like and they rot away or get eatten by maggots and birds before we eventually run out of food and become food when we go out looking for something to eat and run into a army of zombies
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
why hasn't anyone put the soylent green option on the table?

:twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
433 Posts
I was married to a zombie for 25 years. Wait...zombies are the walking dead...she was just the "laying around all day" dead. Nevermind....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
As long as they dont run like on the remake of dawn of the dead just stay calm and carry on ::redsnipe:: ::redsnipe::
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top