Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
I had a PF-9,it shot fine. Just the mag would drop after the first shot most of the time giving a FTfeed or a no feed.

My P3-AT works well for an Ultra Conceal Carry. I don't think anyone will get in line to stand in front of it when the trigger is pulled.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9 mill sounds a meaty enough calibre but I should think muzz velocity is the key factor, for example the Zim gun looks like it wouldn't have as much oomph and stopping power as say a 9mm Colt?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Both the 9mm and the .45 ACP are capable of killing. But don't delude yourself into thinking that the .45 ACP isn't much more deadly than the lowly 9mm, it is. P.S. I own a Kel Tec 9mm and I wouldn't bet my life on it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have heard all the bad about KelTec but it is the opposite for me. I have several KT rifles and pistols and I have never had any
malfunctions. My favorite KT I have is a PLR-16 and I have it all tricked out and after 500 or so rounds through it so far so good.
I do have 2 of the PF-9 pistols and for me they shoot just fine and no issues at all. I will say the PF-9's are not my EDC.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think part of the debate hinges on the term "one shot stop" not guaranteed with any round. Also not that relevant in a defense situation shooting a bullet damages organs lets air in and blood out. Regardless of caliber this happens more reliably with more holes located in higher value places. This is one of the reasons 00 buck tends to be so effective you are opening up nine holes almost simultaneously. Second factor reliability use a weapon that functions first time every time so you are not hoping for the one shot stop.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've shot, broken down, studied the craftsmanship and sold them to people who thought they were a good gun regardless of me trying to sell them something better. No Keltec's for me, that's for damn sure. I've got a guy I work with who say his Keltec frame melts and goes out of shape if he shoots more than 50 rounds. Than he said, it was ok, he just uses a blowdryer later and heats it up and reshapes it. I just shook my head when he told me this. I told he shouldn't trust his life to a gun like that, but he didn't care. But that it's it in a nutshell. Keltec's are for people who don't care about how low quality they are and don't want to simply save and buy a better quality weapon. It's their life.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I heard nearly all US police forces use automatic handguns of various types which surprised me a bit because I also heard somewhere that autos are more prone to jam, whereas revolvers never jam. But what the hell do I know..

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
If some one was interacting with the slide when it was fired it would jam, I.E. a shirt sleeve a hand against the slide.

A semi auto by all means is going to be more prone to a jam than say a revolver.

I have recently fired 450 rounds of standard 9 lugar through an m&p 9c with no jams.

I have fired thousands of rounds of .22lr through my ruger target pistol. It has jammed only because of failure to fire from cheap or old 22 rounds. maybe three or four times out of thousands of rounds

My mother years ago had a Jennings pistol, it was an absolute piece of junk and would jam every third or second round.

I really can not imagine a condition that would cause a revolver to not fire. Something interacting with the hammer drop like a hand or shirt. They are just to simple to have jambs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.