Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these to see how well they do? I've read a bit about them, and seems to me that they might come in handy at some point. [youtube:3q6jvnvq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcuSlaecvIw[/youtube:3q6jvnvq]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks whyspers. We've got to try this at home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will, too, although it seems to me if one used bigger pots allowing for more sand, the temp might drop faster and be even cooler. I've googled zeer pots, and most of them seem to have a lot more sand and space between pots than the one in the video. Also, Florida gets incredibly hot, so I bet it would do even better in a bit milder environment. If you get to it before I do, please let me know how it works :)

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
That was pretty nifty. I swear I'm ADD, next thing I knew, I was watching videos on solar cabins, tiny homes etc. Too many kids for that stuff, but it sure looked cool... :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think if you modified this a little bit it would be great. I was thinking if you had the area to set this set up in the ground a shady area would maybe take it to another level. Also made a better lid system for it. Pretty cool item though thanks for info.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow! What a great idea. I can't wait to try it. I think whyspers has the right idea that with maybe with a 12" outer pot and an 8" inner pot may be even cooler.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
They do work, you just have to have the conditions right. They only work in a dry place out of the sun. It got cold enough to break dewpoint and even stayed running for a few days on one fill of water. I have several videos on the different stages.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Finally!!! Maybe some way to keep my Blue Moons cold when SHTF!! Of course I will either have to get bigger...waaayyyy bigger...pots of many more of them. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
C5GUY said:
Finally!!! Maybe some way to keep my Blue Moons cold when SHTF!! Of course I will either have to get bigger...waaayyyy bigger...pots of many more of them. :mrgreen:
supposedly Saladin could make ice in the desert. I am willing to bet he did it with very big ones.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Leon said:
C5GUY said:
supposedly Saladin could make ice in the desert. I am willing to bet he did it with very big ones.
Like Blue Moon beer my appetite for ice cream will also require the use of big pots. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
keep in mind it's not how hot the environment is, but how dry and arid. That section of the studio is fairly dry, it's why I store my water and food there.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

A little easier link to the same concept, evaporation is a key to long term refreigeration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts