Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tool Wood Household hardware Hand tool Blade

This is ARFF hatchet survival tool (Aircraft Rescue Firefighting) It's on my BOB and it seems to work well as a hatchet, machete, pry bar, and of course zombie smasher inner. Anyone else have unique or odd prepping tools?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shit! I need one of those!:) all I have are my Tomahawks and my SOG Jungle Canopy!:)
The old ones are hard to find. The new ones are called a SPAX Axe and they are expensive. I found the ARFF for about $20.00 and it has a longer handle than the SPAX and has teeth that really dig in. they were designed to cut thru aircraft fuselages. I added some 550 cord to the handle and I'm always finding a new use for it. I helped a friend take down an old shed and this tool made short work of it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I open this thread to hurry through because I'm behind and working and my first thought was #OMG #WTF #thisboardhasgonedownhill because it looked like a dildo at first glance. :lol: But then I was like, hey, that's pretty sweet! (And as I'm typing this, I'm saying it all in my head in valley girl voice.)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I open this thread to hurry through because I'm behind and working and my first thought was #OMG #WTF #thisboardhasgonedownhill because it looked like a dildo at first glance. :lol: But then I was like, hey, that's pretty sweet! (And as I'm typing this, I'm saying it all in my head in valley girl voice.)
Okay now your freaking me out cuase that looks like something a masochist would have designed as one of those. Since your a dudette, Ill take your word for it, lol.

I think my favorite tool is a Tomahawk, although a master of none, it is a jack of many trades. I use it for just about any task where one would normally use a large knife, hatchet, or hammer around camp. It works pretty good as a cleaver when processing small game for the camp grill too. And I guess I could also one day grow up to be graceful and go Mel Gibson (ala The patriot) on you if I had too, just don't think I would look as cool as Mel while doing it. I guess that gives me something to aim for huh?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like a dildo! You're one very kinky individual!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Some of my favorites Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun

Reactions: indie

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
@ Fuzzee what is that blade you have pictured? I want one of those

I only have a couple of hatchets and a SOG Tomahawk, very nice though.
I see Verteidiger answered before I saw your post and got it. It's a Benchmade Nimravus with a combo edge. Mine's an older one when they used G10 for the handle. They use aluminum now. I wrapped it sloppily with black 550, but it's a great knife. Not a prybar by far as it's a thinner blade, but it cuts just about everything like butter and is comfortable to hold and well balanced. It's my main BOB knife.

BENCHMADE Nimravus - KnifeCenter

140 Nimravus® Product Detail

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
View attachment 3307

This is ARFF hatchet survival tool (Aircraft Rescue Firefighting) It's on my BOB and it seems to work well as a hatchet, machete, pry bar, and of course zombie smasher inner. Anyone else have unique or odd prepping tools?
Looks like a dildo! You're one very kinky individual!
I'm guessing you have one just like it?! For you or the Mrs.?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts