Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some main reasons I can think of is for bartering and cleansing wounds. Other thoughts?

I would also assume the higher the proof, the longer it can store. I'm just assuming this though.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Molotov cocktails. Yum. yeah I would store it because you can always use it to help treat wounds or get drunk if you feel so inclined.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Getting shitfaced drunk and shooting up the town would be my main reason for stocking drinking alcohol. I do have some in stock. Just for that reason. Because looting and pillaging sheeple neighbors sober is like...hunting. Sober.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well said Leon!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am storing cheap bourbon and vodka for bartering purposes. It doesn't go bad and has many uses. Me and my wife don't drink but depending on how bad things get, who knows! :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
You can buy stills, legally as long as you cut it with a little gasoline so that it is not for drinking...check out lowbuckprepper on youtube, he has one and uses it!

Reactions: waznyf

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought a bottle of everclear..never drank it but the bottle scares me to death. 95% alcohol, 190 proof?

sounds like a miracle drug and hell in a bottle to me. ::redsnipe::

·
Registered
29 Posts
Survival, I realize that as a new guy, perhaps I should watch my words, yet, for a few reason I would be hesitant to store drinking alcohol. The percent alcohol by volume is relatively low, thus using it for a substitute fuel is impossible. It has very limited medical use, so I might be inclined to keep some, but not a very large amount. The temptation for those with me to begin binge drinking would be high. It is very flammable, and I think you may be refering to more than a cabinet of it. As for drinking, may I be honest? If the catastrophe last beyond a few years, there is no medical care for damaged livers or kidneys. What today would be a dialysis treatment, would be like contracting AIDS in a situation where modern medical treatments no longer exist. I have been experimenting with being able to produce fuel grade alcohol, almost 200 proof, but I am a ways from that. The difference is that I have no expectation that people will start drinking such a grade of alcohol. Drunkeness at the away point threaten not only the security and safety of those there, but also the provisions and general health of everyone. Exactly how restrictive alcohol would be would be driven by how many people there are and how responsible each one is, but, I would be very concerned.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I do not drink alcohol . Just not something I do. Sure not going to start when SHTF but I will have a still up and running before then . Alcohol has many uses .
Doing some home work on the subject .

Reactions: shotlady and rob

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
You can buy stills, legally as long as you cut it with a little gasoline so that it is not for drinking...check out lowbuckprepper on youtube, he has one and uses it!
Sonny boy, low buck prepper is a fake. Him and his ilk are great for older folks who don't know shit, but they won't make it. That lot started their channels as a way to make money under the idea of prepping because it was growing popular at the time. TNP and Yankeeprepper did the same thing earlier on and those fools just rode the coattails. So lowbuck got himself a little electric countertop distiller. Laughing Out Loud. When I show this forum what I GOT ON THE WAY....let's just say lowbuck will be yesterday's news. Lowbuck is still on a big learning curve and will never emerge as a true prepper. I was woken up at 6 am from age 6-10 to load the smokehouse and gather the eggs with my cousin Angela. Lowbuck is a city slicker with no skills to speak of other than calling himself a prepper. As I always say, the mindset of a prepper is great- but lowbuck and his fold haven't really shown us anything but how to get shot with a nonlethal round or get together with a bunch of grid-tied posers.

What I have coming, my dear friend Acid, will knock your effin socks off. What I have planned is very large in scope and endless in usefulness to we who prep. I'll just tease you off for now with this little ditty from a time similar to ours-

And yes, the ones who started this thing sounded like this in the Appalachians. I intend to see that their skills remain. I intend to KEEP doing my show and showing people that fear is overrated. There is a wealth around us, and that much I've proven. I'll continue to PROOF more as these difficult days drag on. In MY state this is legal within certain constraints. In my state it is also legal to go most places with open carry of a long gun. Hate the place, like the laws. Everyone here has no idea how cool this is about to get. I'm gonna do a series that ONLY prepperforums.net can see, for their benefit alone. Stay tuned, bud- same bat-time, same bat-channel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm getting airline bottles of everclear to make medicinal tinctures with. Personally I don't usually drink but I did break my 7 year dry spell with lots of tequila when I went to Mexico for 5 weeks. It was Everywhere and being thrust at me all day and night! Free! I actually didn't drink a much lol.

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Darn, I'm dry and have to go to the Dentist at 2

Sonny boy, low buck prepper is a fake. Him and his ilk are great for older folks who don't know shit, but they won't make it. That lot started their channels as a way to make money under the idea of prepping because it was growing popular at the time. TNP and Yankeeprepper did the same thing earlier on and those fools just rode the coattails. So lowbuck got himself a little electric countertop distiller. Laughing Out Loud. When I show this forum what I GOT ON THE WAY....let's just say lowbuck will be yesterday's news. Lowbuck is still on a big learning curve and will never emerge as a true prepper. I was woken up at 6 am from age 6-10 to load the smokehouse and gather the eggs with my cousin Angela. Lowbuck is a city slicker with no skills to speak of other than calling himself a prepper. As I always say, the mindset of a prepper is great- but lowbuck and his fold haven't really shown us anything but how to get shot with a nonlethal round or get together with a bunch of grid-tied posers.

What I have coming, my dear friend Acid, will knock your effin socks off. What I have planned is very large in scope and endless in usefulness to we who prep. I'll just tease you off for now with this little ditty from a time similar to ours-

And yes, the ones who started this thing sounded like this in the Appalachians. I intend to see that their skills remain. I intend to KEEP doing my show and showing people that fear is overrated. There is a wealth around us, and that much I've proven. I'll continue to PROOF more as these difficult days drag on. In MY state this is legal within certain constraints. In my state it is also legal to go most places with open carry of a long gun. Hate the place, like the laws. Everyone here has no idea how cool this is about to get. I'm gonna do a series that ONLY prepperforums.net can see, for their benefit alone. Stay tuned, bud- same bat-time, same bat-channel.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Y'know... When TSHTF I just might need a drink... So yeah, there's plenty in stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I collect jd so I have well over 200 litres of that and about 100 single malt bottles. a few bottles of top shelf champagne plus cognac

1 - 20 of 54 Posts