Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,613 Posts
The last time time that I went flying, and went through a body scan, was in 1996 or something. I had a crescent wrench in my carry on, which was a back pack. When the pack was scanned, some guard guy from Africa got excited and asked me what that was; and on a fancy display, there was a virtual snapshot of a small crescent wrench.

I was speechless, but his female American partner told him that it was OK.

I’ll never forget that: since it shows the un-learnedness, that is rampant all over America and the world. It’s not asking too much, that every man in America needs to know what a crescent wrench is.

Here it is over 25 years later, and the knowledge base in America, is dangerously askew. It is common for people to never learn to read and write.

But, the body scanners are better than ever, except that the Bozos manning them, are dumber now. It’s just dangerous to have about 1/2 of a nation that can’t name the continents, or identify a crescent wrench.

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,613 Posts
When the full body scanners were first being used, I refused it. The TSA agent shouted, "I have a refusal here!" and asked me to step aside for the patdown. About five or six agents converged on me, it was a bit disconcerting.

Now, I don't/won't fly anymore. First, it is demeaning to go through that security process. Second, too many banned articles get through in spite of it all. You ever watch those agents? They look so bored and out of it, I am not surprised they miss things.
I took a Greyhound from Ohio to Florida, about 10 years ago; it was wearisome but it still got me here.
I haven’t given up on aircraft, because I love to fly, and there is little doubt that I will fly again.

But, I can still handle long trips on a bus if need be. And that’s kinda tough on a 65 year old.
But so is submitting to circus freaks in a TSA uniform. At least I have my dignity, after the bus trip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.