Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, Karen, is going to be going into surgery within nine days. She has some blockage on her gallbladder, and the surgeon believes simply removing it. In fact, when she had problems with her thyroid they removed that, as well.

To make matters even worse, my wife's sister, Mary, is going to go into surgery about this same time for a complete hip replacement.

I'm a bit jumpy as you might guess. Yes, I am indeed a hypochondriac. You know, the kind of guy who goes into the bathroom frequently with a powerful flashlight to check out his teeth and gum. I would like to have prayers sent for the girls since I'm not going to be much good for a bit.

I appreciate your involvement.

·
Super Moderator
3,472 Posts
Prayers being sent out.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I left the forum for a bit over one hour and when I came back, I found all of you guys. Thank you very, very much!

My wife (and perhaps her sister) will be going in to the doctor this afternoon, and it appears to be a lecture on just what the doctors are doing and why. Because her sister Mary is one of those "daylight on, dark night on," we might not even see her within two weeks. Were asleep, she's up, she's asleep, we're up.

I take this seriously just because of my wife's attitude. I think I knew her just short of twenty years before she would share her troubles. Now my wife is more engaged, and is even explaining to me why her right side hurts but I thought the gall-bladder was "in the back" or situated "dead front" of her belly button.

Today I had my teeth cleaned, and yes, they are still all mine. I hate that procedure, but experience has taught me to remain perfectly still as a "mini-5" (freshly sharpened for no one's entertainment) gets raked over my gums like a run-away guillotine!

I offer this, we cannot know whatever touches what my wife and her sister will be feeling. In fact, some doctors say that x-rays provide only a general idea of the patient's condition so they can more easily traverse that first cut. As soon as I pull myself together a bit I'll research the internet for modern situations.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
My wife, Karen, is going to be going into surgery within nine days. She has some blockage on her gallbladder, and the surgeon believes simply removing it. In fact, when she had problems with her thyroid they removed that, as well.

To make matters even worse, my wife's sister, Mary, is going to go into surgery about this same time for a complete hip replacement.

I'm a bit jumpy as you might guess. Yes, I am indeed a hypochondriac. You know, the kind of guy who goes into the bathroom frequently with a powerful flashlight to check out his teeth and gum. I would like to have prayers sent for the girls since I'm not going to be much good for a bit.

I appreciate your involvement.
Prayers up for you and yours. Two of my kids lost gall bladders due to following the Dr. Adkins diet. Its no big thing not to have one other than its hard to digest fat. The surgery they had was the poke a hole and pull it out. Now the boys was too big to come out the small hole..so they had to to cut him to get it out. It was higly inflammed or infected etc. Hopefully Mamas waont be like that. Should be in and out day surgery normally.

·
Super Moderator
9,481 Posts
Prayers up for you and yours. Two of my kids lost gall bladders due to following the Dr. Adkins diet. Its no big thing not to have one other than its hard to digest fat. The surgery they had was the poke a hole and pull it out. Now the boys was too big to come out the small hole..so they had to to cut him to get it out. It was higly inflammed or infected etc. Hopefully Mamas waont be like that. Should be in and out day surgery normally.
My wife had hers out a few years back. I was thinking it wasn't that big of a deal but it's hard to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,643 Posts
Keeping her and her sis in my prayer intentions tonight, Tourist. Please keep us posted.

·
Administrator
15,092 Posts
Praying for a good outcome for both surgeries.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, folks. My wife just left to go to Menomonee Falls and meet with her sister, if there is time. My SIL is a nurse, and I always tease her about why she never stitched me up. She'll always laughs and smirks, "Well, Chico, you were in college and I was in sixth grade...

My wife is putting up the "good soldier" face, but I've known her for almost four decades. It appears that she is dealing more with muscle cramps and of course, the doctor's bland diet. Even with tasteless food my wife is still shifting like a dervish.

BTW, my wife is not a good "sick person." She is more like a stiletto test salesman. The good news is that her sister (the nurse) will be meeting in private and my SIL is bound to have ideas and also will recognize the muscle groups that have been bothering my wife.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Prayers for a safe and comforting recovery for both of them

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Steve40th, thank you for the kind response. My wife is getting along better, in fact, she is driving to see her sister, the nurse. When it comes to "health" my wife won't touch anything unless it is sanctioned by a knowledgeable reference. The problem now is "me." I don't like to rattle around an empty home with nothing but old Rush Limbaugh reports on the radio. If I can find a dull knife I'll polish THAT to death just to be busy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts