Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your are at home in Boston right now. TV on Police telling you to stay put lock down do not answer the door.
If you are a prepared person you go int o action no worries.
But what if you are not, Think about that a bit.
I know I would be in the safe room, everyone in the room armed well and have some good food to sit this out.
Prepared but relaxed.
If by some slim chance the BG picked my house to break in it would be over.
The unprepared hiding under a table with a pair of scissors soon to be a Hostage.
All kidding a side. does it not make sense to be prepared in the world we now live in.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That would fall under the phrase of "common sense", which so many American citizens seem to have lost/given up. At least their not confiscating guns as they search houses. Seems like martial law is almost being put into effect in Boston! So much we don't know going on there.

·
Administrator
15,098 Posts
Only one or two guys on the loose?
My SOP has the gates, 2 on the road, one to the woods, closed and locked 24/7/365. When I'm home there is always, always a 44 Special snub nose in my pocket.
The only other thing I would do is go in the bedroom, get the loaded Mini-14 that's leaning up at the head of the bed, and bring it and the two other magazines next to it back out to the living room.
Then it's back in the recliner with a bowl of ice cream and Fox News.
One (or more) of the dogs would alert me if any humans approach the house.
Just another day on the farm.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Dogs would be sitting right with us pity the BG if he messed with this. He has grown a bit more sense that was taken 65 pounds now.
Sitting in a place with one way in not even superman is going to win that one.
Anyone taken bets a few that live there may decide that gun ownership is for them.
Dog.JPG

Reactions: Ripon

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
There are a few other intriguing points to this situation. Look how easy it was for them to "shut down" a million people
voluntarily. Think about that.

Next they are saying that police have a right to search without a warrant - your home - even if you tell them he's not
there. Its an exergent circumstance. I would assume that search would be limited to a place a man could hide. So
what if they find someone's (????) who knows what?

Yeah I can imagine the well trained, well armed, and well prepared not caring one bit about having to stay home
today and keep an eye out the window. Where as the sheeples with the scizzors can only hope and pray that
dead bolt works.

·
Registered
938 Posts
It is amazing to see how much overkill is being applied to this situation. I have never seen so many police cars, LENCO Bearcat SWAT vehicles, Humvees, SWAT bread trucks, SWAT 4WD trucks, and three helicopters. For a 19 year old college kid who cannot have more than 10 round mags, and some crude home brewed fraggers.

And they have shut down half the metropolis and have a million people on lockdown. And still can't find the teenager.

This is the most hamfisted bungling effort I have ever seen, and despite the millions of dollars being thrown into this effort, they still come up empty-handed.

If this happened down South, a guy named Billy Bob would show up, hired by the local Sheriff, with four bloodhounds and a Rottweiler, and this guy would be in custody in time for everyone to make it home for dinner.

If this kid gives this "manhunt dragnet" the slip, there will be a lot of explaining to do....

The whole thing is just complete overkill. It looks like a comedy movie being filmed....

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I know, I saw this last year, we had a tragic shooting of a police officer and a lock smith who were changing the locks on a foreclosed condo. I did not know the officer but I know the sheriff and he really got under my skin when he went on TV and said he couldn't protect the community with the resources he was given - I waited a month before writing him a letter and telling him he should resign because I'm not giving him any more resources. When he said that on TV his department was backed up by 5 cities and the total man power exceeded a 140 officers, 7 special weapons teams, 5 with armored vehicles and two helicopters. Really - you don't have enough resources - WTF.

It is amazing to see how much overkill is being applied to this situation. I have never seen so many police cars, LENCO Bearcat SWAT vehicles, Humvees, SWAT bread trucks, SWAT 4WD trucks, and three helicopters. For a 19 year old college kid who cannot have more than 10 round mags, and some crude home brewed fraggers.

And they have shut down half the metropolis and have a million people on lockdown. And still can't find the teenager.

This is the most hamfisted bungling effort I have ever seen, and despite the millions of dollars being thrown into this effort, they still come up empty-handed.

If this happened down South, a guy named Billy Bob would show up, hired by the local Sheriff, with four bloodhounds and a Rottweiler, and this guy would be in custody in time for everyone to make it home for dinner.

If this kid gives this "manhunt dragnet" the slip, there will be a lot of explaining to do....

The whole thing is just complete overkill. It looks like a comedy movie being filmed....

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
As much as anyone I know that LEO and Government agency over step their Authority. They do it often knowing full well they are. I would hope in this case their action are justified. And they do not abuse it.
Obama will use this as another way to try and take our rights.
I think they knew about these two before hand. Now before you blow up not that they were going to plant a bomb. But they were extremist. They made to many internet post not to have been on the radar.
But there are so many of them we do nothing about. Look at Fort Hood they knew he was a Muslim extremist and did nothing. One of the reason he has yet to be take to trial.
Learn from this be ready any time any where to leave in a different direction to protect what is yours to protect, help others when you can.
Be prepared.

A few arm citizens may have been a big help. Like the 7-11 they robbed or the car jacking. But we will never know they did not have a chance to act.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The police are now saying they did not rob the 7-11.

This guy has holed up somewhere and won't move until after dark, book it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I would not be surprised if the kid is dead alread in a hole some where he created for himself. The shoot out he was in with police where his brother and the MIT officer died was intense, a lot of rounds fired, and no reason to assume he was not hit as his brother was. If he is alive I have my doubts he's long for this world.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I really do not understand the logic. Now it is getting dark, and instead of continuing the lockdown or imposing a curfew, the authorities are allowing everyone to go back to their normal lives? WTF?

Why wouldn't they keep everyone indoors and then search with FLIRs and thermal imagers to see if they can spot this guy on the move?

Instead now he can just get lost in the crowds. Unbelievable.

If this guy is not injured, and he carjacked another vehicle, he is long gone.

If he is still on foot and is injured, tonight would be the best chance to isolate the area and catch whatever moves.

I simply do not understand the approach being taken. Bizarre.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Now CNN is reporting the police have eyes on the suspect and have him holed up "in a structure" and are using tear gas. And they reversed their previous position and have ordered people to shelter in place again.

Barney Fife would be so proud.

·
Registered
938 Posts
NOW they are using thermal imagers to determine that the suspect is still giving off a heat signature.

This guy is done for. Hope they take him alive.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Alive and in custody - putting him in an ambulance.

Now they can interrogate him and put him on trial.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Nope, the death penalty is what they want. They become martyrs to the cause. To rid the world of extremists (not all Muslims are extemists) you have to be more extreme. The public would never go for it but the best way to handle terrorists is to remove their tougues, remove their eyes, make them deaf and cut off their hands and feet. They are alive and pitiful. They cannot communicate, pray, or teach others and are an example of what happens to terrorists. They die in shame. They don't go to heaven. They don't get 40 virgins. All they can get is the charity of others. They are disgraced.
If that was how we handled terrorists there wouldn't be any in 10 years.

Reactions: ekim

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Could it happen to you?

Ok, Imagine this...
Your standing in line to pay for your at the electronics counter at Walmart, when the news on all the display TV's starts full blown coverage of an "unknown event"...describing a person of interest as "a 5'11" white male, with a goatee, a black 511 tactical t-shirt, wearing "military style" cargo pants with combat boots and a black hat that says "try taking my guns away"...
Everyone in line starts whispering, becouse they just described you to a T....
Then, as you slowly take your hat off, the news says that three of the local P.D. officers were shot, and two have expired....
You were out shooting by yourself all day long, no witnesses, no real alibi, and you have gun powder residue all over you..
Hell, you even have some loose .22 shells you left in your pocket....
All we really "know" is what the news tells us, the media crazt train is reporting the same news from the same sources.....
I am upset with the "America" we now have become... I am a proud AMERICAN, and anyone involved with the Boston bombing should be publicly executed, AFTER being found guillty by the courts...
Just a thought as I outside smoking a cigarrette......Which, by the way, are highly addictive and deadly, but still available...

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
And now the rest of the story. In 2011 they were ask to check the one out by a foreign government. That was one of those times we were not acknowledging that there was such a thing as terrorists. There is always more to the story. No wonder they tracked them down so fast.
I said it they had knew these terrorists.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/1...arathon-bomb-suspect-in-2011/?intcmp=trending

Just gets deeper they denied it then had to back track

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...its-interviewed-Tamerlan&utm_campaign=foxnews

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I know they needed to get this guy but look what happened.

An entire metropolis locked down, house to house searches. Now think of this, Your civil liberties were violated in the process (was a warrant issued for each house?) and now you are a known prepper to the authorities, all your stockpile of ammo, firearms etc have been discovered. Remember what the police did to law biding citizens and their firearms in New Orleans after Katrina? Still feel safe / prepared?

Granted this was a terrorist style attack and I don't want to down play this, but lets put some perspective on it. 3 people died in the attack. How many more than that die because of gang fights, convenient store robberies or what ever in every major city in the country on a daily basis and nothing near this magnitude of response is put forth.

It is amazing how now that the last suspect was caught, everyone they are showing on the news is rejoicing because "our lives are so much safer now". Nothing changed. There are allot more terrorists that have infiltrated this country in the past 12 years.

I know I'm rambling but this disturbs me on so many levels.

Mark my word, this door to door, house to house search / invasion of your privacy has set a precedence and the police now had their dress rehearsal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts