Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an arm guard, but archery is a man's sport, so it's about five hundred times too large and drives me nuts. Going to have to use it if I keep shooting this way though!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meh. I'd say I could just tough it out, but the bruising in that pic was through a thick sweatshirt. You should see those arrows sinking in the target though, woohoo!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It only takes a few times of that to correct your stances and mindful of what your doing. I don't use a arm guard at all.
Toward the end I wasn't hitting my arm but I wasn't sure if I was getting it right or just starting to shy away. Figured I'd use the guard and work on not needing it, but in the meantime, my arm won't take much more of that abuse.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I don't use an arm guard either but then I am a compound bow shooter and may not be as prone to this as someone using more traditional gear. I have managed to do that a couple of times and it dang sure gets your undivided attention in no uncertain terms!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Took a couple weeks off on account of my shoulder. This is what I get. At least I'm consistent at hitting something! :D

View attachment 3134

And let's not talk about something else sticking out that I managed to string slap. How?! Looking forward to more practice. The pain says it's working!
Sorry about your pain and boo boo, but come on, "that's not your shoulder"! :mrgreen: I've been there and done that and I will be the first to say, I'm no bow hunter. My boo boo's didn't get that bad, as I whimped out before it got to that point. You need someone who knows bow shooting to watch you and show you what your doing wrong and how to correct it. Hang in there, you have the proper grit, just need to finess <sp? it a little.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Two years ago my 16 year old daughter watches hunger games and asks if we can get her a bow. I go get her a recurve. ten minutes after we get home she did this. I was really scarred that she would give up on it.

She has gotten perty good snap shooting the thing. View attachment 3137

here she is stalking chip munks in the fence row.
that's a cool picture.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts