Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP Johnny
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday there was a huge yard sale in my area that stretches from 1 town to another. My wife and I found some good deals on items that will be useful if the SHTF.I got a portable propane grill and campware for little money. She found some cast iron that she wanted and also found some manual tools that I wanted.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
No decent yard sales around here. There's one that they hold twice a year. But they are a ripoff.

Others are Mexicans that go to a yard sale, offer you $0.50 for a $5 item, then turn around and resell at their yard sale for $10.

Rest are clothes and junk :(

·
RIP Johnny
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once a year there is octoberfest and a crafts fairs and on the road which is about 20 or miles is yard sale after yard sale. Have found several good items reasonable.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
In the spring and summer I go to about 10 yard sales a week. Sometimes I get a Lee reloader special,9 mm die,bullets and a RCBS Lil Dandy for $10. Sometimes I strike out like Action Jackson for the DeToilet Tiggers.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Meat grinder, nice old iron made one was $3 last month. I've equipped the garage with all the shovels, rakes, piks, and even axes I could want for $2-5 each from garage sales. My favorite are propane tanks. I often find them $5-15 depending on how much fuel in them. I think I'm up to 8 now and I get them filled up after I buy them.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
When we lived in Wa.state a local goodwill had a bunch of goods from a sporting goods store going out of business that evidently got donated.we got a huge tent,coleman gas lantern,lodge cast pans( 5? I think)mantles,a new cooler, and a s**t load of stuff I cant remember. we scored big that day!.we thrifted around where we live now and there is not much to find,yard sales here turn up old tools,and alot of clothes and junk we dont really need.I really need to hit the yard sales early though.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
In Eastern Minnesota, each spring is the 100 Mile Garage sale along the Misssissippi River. I went one year and even though I stayed at a Mom & Pop motel overnight, I still came out ahead. It was a lot of great stuff. For very reasonable. I love a good bargain.

Nachtjager, you got a great deal on those pans! I only buy stuff that I can acutally use (I used to just buy stuff I thought was cute :oops:). Even antiques - if I can't actually use it, I don't buy it, no matter how good a deal. I've got good deals on manual screw drivers - the kind you lean your whole body against. And stuff like that. I'm looking for a one blade plow for my horse to pull. When I find a good deal I'll jump on it. I can't handle a garden tiller:(. My arms aren't strong enough. But I can handle that tank of horse I've got:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts