Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pair of PRC-77 military manpack radios I'd like to sell to fund another purchase. The pair is very clean and working set. Included is two complete radios which is the radio itself along with that each radio has an antenna which is the collapsible type,handset and the "D" sized battery adapter so these will work with D sized batteries. No military battery needed to run these. Included with the pair is a complete set of manuals. I'd like to sell as a set but would sell separate if need be but I only have one set of manuals. Attached is a picture of one of the radios. Asking $600 plus shipping for the pair or $350 each plus shipping Audio equipment Gas Machine Electronic engineering Electronic device

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
What frequency do they run on?
Do you need a license?
What is the weight (for shipping purposes)?

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
FM 24-19 covers basic operation of many radios, including the AN/PRC-77, you can download it here... FM 24-19 - Radio Operator's Handbook.pdf

The operator and organizational maintenance manual can be downloaded here... TM 11-5820-667-12.pdf

And the higher level maintenance manual here... TM 11-5820-667-35.pdf

NOTE: The opening page of FM 24-19 says distribution is restricted, but it was scanned by the Combined Arms Research Library (CARL) Digital Library, US Army Combined Arms Center, and released to the public domain under a Public Domain Mark 1.0 license.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you have any questions. I have 4 manuals with them if I sell as a set. Weight I'm not sure on but if interested we can work it out

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm tempted to ask what you are want for them, but unless you are expecting a EMP I think they are unreasonably heavy for the capabilities. My first 25 mile march in boot camp in 1979 I had to carry the Prick 77 as well as my field pack, haha not a pretty sight.

How much are you asking, for a base station it might be worth it?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I walked many miles with one of those strapped to my back.
Range is limited with them without relay stations

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read many post before I missed them saying how much they were asking. This is a nice pair of radios for somebody. Had a guy local offer $325 for one since he could pick it up but I'd sure like to see them sell together

·
Registered
11,980 Posts
Ummmm whats the latest bid? I got lost in this two year old auction.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Don't know much about the PRC-77, but I can tell you plenty about a PRC-E7

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Ugh, Kemosabe, . . . me gottum blanket from white man doctor, . . . gottum matches and can pee on fire, . . . smoke signals go faster and farther than PRC-77.

Get em up, Scout !

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
they make a nice boat anchor.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 77 is only legal on 1 channel in the Ham Bands
The 77 transmits at 5 watts, just like most any HT
They are a wide spectrum transmitter so they wont work with the majority of other radios

Not even good as a boat anchor if the batteries have to be fabricated at home ( yes) and they aren't compatible with legal freqs.

Unless you are a reinactor or just a collector of military radios Id skip it completely and buy some quality hand helds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts