Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and it was reopened today.

I wonder what how many meal vouchers one of the many vacations would pay for?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Argh! Makes me want to choke a b****!

Seriously. It does.

How about we stop dropping million dollar smart bombs on mud huts and pay for what these guys and gals need?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Reactions: retired guard

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Typical of this administration
Commander and Chief sets the standard for all Offices below him..

Reactions: Meangreen and 9UC

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and it was reopened today.

I wonder what how many meal vouchers one of the many vacations would pay for?
Did you know the US Senate has it's own barbershop, complete with barbers that are paid $80,000 per year? That's a few meals right there.

The "Perfumed Princes of the Potomac" have absolutely no shame. After WWII a very large percentage of lawmakers were veterans. Today? Maybe a total of twenty between both houses.

My Brothers - we have to stick together and help each other. Just like we did when we were in, we have to carry our own, both veteran and those still serving. Nobody else will step up. Join a veteran's service organization - VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America (we fight for current vets, too). Together we can hold politicians feet to the fire. That is what our national leadership does in Washington.
My dues and my voice help. Does yours?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I confess, I have not yet joined VFW or American Legion. I guess I need to get off my ass and do so, although I am a memeber of DAV and another very branch and community specific national organization, but it isn 't large enough to carry much of a voter based voice. Doesn't stop us from bitchin' though:)

My wife's Grandfather was a WWII vet and held National and State Office in American Legion. Their lives were centered on the organization and it's activities for years on end. I rekon I'm about the last bearer to carry that Standard forward in the family.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I confess, I have not yet joined VFW or American Legion. I guess I need to get off my ass and do so, although I am a memeber of DAV and another very branch and community specific national organization, but it isn 't large enough to carry much of a voter based voice. Doesn't stop us from bitchin' though:)

My wife's Grandfather was a WWII vet and held National and State Office in American Legion. Their lives were centered on the organization and it's activities for years on end. I rekon I'm about the last bearer to carry that Standard forward in the family.
You and me both. To short change those who have given so much... Contemptible!

·
Registered
21,643 Posts

VFW and Legion has been greatly influenced by the current administration also.; To the point of pretty much being useless.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
How so?
Give me an example or two.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Sad state of affairs indeed. The money our government waste and gives away, then to turn it's back on young men and women who have gave so much to our country, sickening.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
The more things change, the more they remain the same:
"There must be a screw loose somewhere when Uncle Sam's soldiers, backed by a country of unlimited resources, are allowed to starve on transports and compelled to depend on charity for food when they land upon our shores."
East Hampton Star, editorial, August 26, 1898

No, I did not mistype the date. 1898. 115 years ago next week.

The book The Wages Of War by Richard Severo & Lewis Milford (touchstone, 1990) points out quite clearly how "From the Revolutionary War patriots to Vietnam veterans, the history of America's returning warriors is - with the exception of WWII - one of government indifference and public apathy and hostility."

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Come on guys the doggy (BO) needs a special flight to Kennebuncport (wp)

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who's idea was this in the first place? If this decision was overturned, great, but you know what? Somebody thought it was a good idea and that person needs to know it's NOT OK. They need to be removed... period.

So, does anyone know how to go about finding out who was responsible for this in the first place?

Was this measure voted on? How do we get the voting record to see who supported it?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Probably the same one's that said we couldn't afford to protect our ambassador in Libya. Saw how that went - no one got fired their either.

Who's idea was this in the first place? If this decision was overturned, great, but you know what? Somebody thought it was a good idea and that person needs to know it's NOT OK. They need to be removed... period.

So, does anyone know how to go about finding out who was responsible for this in the first place?

Was this measure voted on? How do we get the voting record to see who supported it?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Probably the same one's that said we couldn't afford to protect our ambassador in Libya. Saw how that went - no one got fired their either.
When irresponsible people are told to be responsible and cut fat they react in irresponsible ways. That is the first sign of who meets not to be laid off but fired.

I knew we would get on the same page about something.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I think the initial decision to close the cafeteria was the CO at Walter Reed. His reasoning was the Vets, all amputees trying to recover and adjust along with any family member that may be with them, could "simply go to the main cafeteria which is located across the campus of Walter Reed.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
If you have ever been to Walter reed you would know it is filled with civilian government employees.
Many not only do not like service members they hate them.
They come to work each day with one thing one their mind ...do as little as they can.
There is the rare exception but they never last.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
If you have ever been to Walter reed you would know it is filled with civilian government employees.
Many not only do not like service members they hate them.
They come to work each day with one thing one their mind ...do as little as they can.
There is the rare exception but they never last.
I have been to Walter Reed...best care I ever got and there are incredible people doing work few could.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
The orthopedic surgeon who did two total knee replacements on my wife was a 25 year Army doctor who worked at Walter Reed. His work with the Rangers who got torn up in Somalia (remember Blackhawk Down?) earned him the title Honorary Ranger. The man is a total professional and every one of his staff, from his surgical partners to his physical therapists to the ladies on the front desk is expected to perform well. Quite a few are ex-service, for example the guy who runs the home visit nursing program was a Ranger medic.
One of his partners rebuilt my shoulder.
Excellent, excellent.

Reactions: Prepadoodle
1 - 20 of 21 Posts