Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

World War II veteran

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bigwheel 
#1 ·
My wife lost her dad at 97 years old a few weeks ago. I just thought I would pay a small tribute to him. He was inducted into service from McEwen Tennessee. He went to recruit training in California then was stationed at port whainimi in California. He served aboard the USS Kenmore in the pacific in American Samoa then transferred to the Seabees constructing airfields, also in the in the Pacific. He was put to rest under a US flag and there is a Veterans marker at his grave denoting his war time service.

There are precious few of our greatest generation left. If you know a WWII vet, take some time say thanks and see if they'll share a story or two. They may well be gone tomorrow.

#5 ·
As we lose the last of the "Greatest Generation" we lose the last real history of the Great Depression and WWII, How evil men will always seek power and control. We lose sight of American exceptionalism and "can do" attitude. We lose sight of sacrifice, self sufficiency, and determined grit. Most kids think today that time period is ancient history and the Great Depression and WWII could never happen again. Fools, doomed to repeat history's tragedies.

Thanks for sharing @csi-tech

Reactions: Denton and Annie
#6 ·
My wife lost her dad at 97 years old a few weeks ago. I just thought I would pay a small tribute to him. He was inducted into service from McEwen Tennessee. He went to recruit training in California then was stationed at port whainimi in California. He served aboard the USS Kenmore in the pacific in American Samoa then transferred to the Seabees constructing airfields, also in the in the Pacific. He was put to rest under a US flag and there is a Veterans marker at his grave denoting his war time service.

There are precious few of our greatest generation left. If you know a WWII vet, take some time say thanks and see if they'll share a story or two. They may well be gone tomorrow.
My son's fiance's granddad just passed away not long ago. He was on the beach at Normandy.

He didn't like the painting in my living room; the one of the two cats and told me to get rid of it, but I forgive him. May his soul through the mercy of God rest in peace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.