Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
15,267 Posts
Slip, my man.
You are lucky, you get the slow easy version.
Both of my wives had complete hysterectomies.
Sweet one day, then upon getting home from the hospital, witches from Hell.
For a long time until they got used to the new deal.
I’ve been married to this one for 31 years. 31. Long. Years.

Reactions: Denton and Slippy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Years ago, my GYN put me on HRT to combat the effects of menopause. I was shocked and very pleased how well it worked to rid me of the hot flashes and sleeplessness. Then the infamous Women's Health Study was released and it said those who take HRT are at increased risk of heart disease, that HRT could shorten a woman's life span by 4-5 years. Dr said I could take it for only five years, then done. I told her I would go to the black market for it if the symptoms returned, that I would give up those extra years to be comfortable for my remaining time on this earth. Luckily, all went well when the HRT was stopped.

Meanwhile, I was working in a hospital (RN) and one day in the locker room, we gals were talking about this. One of them admitted she was a participant in the Women's Health Study and that, in her opinion, it was a joke because she said she lied all the time for the study. No details given. But since then, that study has been debunked as being poorly done.

I believe that a woman should have three mates during her lifetime. The first one would be a male who would be a good sperm donor for children: intelligent, healthy, strong. Once the children are born, the second mate would be one who has the personality of a good father: patient, kind, devoted to family. After the children are grown and have left the nest, the third partner would be the one with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. It is problematic to expect one person to fulfill all of those roles.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Years ago, my GYN put me on HRT to combat the effects of menopause. I was shocked and very pleased how well it worked to rid me of the hot flashes and sleeplessness. Then the infamous Women's Health Study was released and it said those who take HRT are at increased risk of heart disease, that HRT could shorten a woman's life span by 4-5 years. Dr said I could take it for only five years, then done. I told her I would go to the black market for it if the symptoms returned, that I would give up those extra years to be comfortable for my remaining time on this earth. Luckily, all went well when the HRT was stopped.

Meanwhile, I was working in a hospital (RN) and one day in the locker room, we gals were talking about this. One of them admitted she was a participant in the Women's Health Study and that, in her opinion, it was a joke because she said she lied all the time for the study. No details given. But since then, that study has been debunked as being poorly done.

I believe that a woman should have three mates during her lifetime. The first one would be a male who would be a good sperm donor for children: intelligent, healthy, strong. Once the children are born, the second mate would be one who has the personality of a good father: patient, kind, devoted to family. After the children are grown and have left the nest, the third partner would be the one with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. It is problematic to expect one person to fulfill all of those roles.
I've been married since the 1980's, been working since the 1970's. In that time, I have made millions of dollars. Not braggin, if you work long enough, it adds up.

Of the millions of dollars that I have generated a very small percent (less than 5%) has gone to me and my hobbies and (legal) vices. The vast majority of my earnings has gone to my family including me and my wife's future...(AND TAXES! :mad: ). Mrs S has not worked since '91. Our choice. But figured I needed to toss that out. 😀

Guess which part of the equation gets bitched and moaned about? Not the 95% that I gave to support and secure my family.

Yes, the less than 5% that I chose to "indulge".

Now, do not take this wrong, I absolutely LOVE my wife and family and am blessed that we are who we are. But from a business perspective, I would have been so much better off if I had adhered to the theory of Rent Vs Buy and the 3 F's. (y)

·
Administrator
15,267 Posts
I’ve always maintained that the first marriage is for practice.
If I ever get out of the second, there will never be a third.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are we talking about Menopause?

If so, I'd like to throw something out to the Manly Old Men of the Hive;

In your marriage or other relationships, do you prefer Menopause or PMS in your old lady?

Discuss...
neither of course!
But honestly... I'm just grateful she's healthy.. she's here...
and hasn't thrown me out on my butt...
the PMS was terrible.. but it was luckily only 2 days every 30 days..

she's been really hitting menopause hard... thinking of where did our youth go...
hopefully now that the boys are almost done with school, and out of the house.. we'll have more time to ourselves to rediscover why we started dating in the first place...

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm glad all went well when the HRT was stopped.
The impact of HRT on heart disease, the ideal time to start HRT, and the risks associated with HRT [1:26:45];

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Menopause is a whole 'nother ballgame.

For 30 damn years, 5 days a month all men get is "why don't you ever cuddle with me?"

Then try to phfarkin cuddle once during menopause and a hot flash hits her and you have become the devil incarnate.

I fully intend to respectfully ask God why he designed it this way and why...
Cuddle? Men cuddle? o_O My children are all too big now, but my shih tzu cuddles...

·
Banned
21,290 Posts

@ItsJustMe

I was wondering so if I may, I'd like to take a stab at a few things about you?

We know you're an RN. So CHECK

Are you a Redhead?

Are you a Horse Owner, Former Horse Owner or simply Love Horses?

Are you currently in possesion of more than 3 indoor Cats?

Thanks for playing!

:)

·
Registered
151 Posts
@ItsJustMe

I was wondering so if I may, I'd like to take a stab at a few things about you?

We know you're an RN. So CHECK

Are you a Redhead?

Are you a Horse Owner, Former Horse Owner or simply Love Horses?

Are you currently in possesion of more than 3 indoor Cats?

Thanks for playing!

:)
RN, Retired (according to the license folks)
Not a redhead, was brown but that has been overcome by "blonde" lol.
Never owned my own horse, rode others' horses and it was fun. I wouldn't call it "Love Horses", though. I do have the greatest respect for them, however. Tried to ride a pack mule once, on a hunting trip. It was more sober than I was. The mule won.
I currently have no cats. At one time I did have cats (three, in fact) but got tired of the cat hair and litter boxes. I have a shihtzu that is a great cuddler. He doesn't shed and poops outside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve always maintained that the first marriage is for practice.
If I ever get out of the second, there will never be a third.
My Pops passed away on Jan 3rd of this year - he was 95 years and 11 months old. He and momma had been married 69 years! Ever since I was a kid, he would tell me about the 3 Rings of Marriage!!!
"First there's the Engagement Ring, then there's the Wedding Ring!!! Then comes the Suffer Ring!!!!"

Hahahaha!!! My pops was the best!!!! :cry:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Menopause is a whole 'nother ballgame.

For 30 damn years, 5 days a month all men get is "why don't you ever cuddle with me?"

Then try to phfarkin cuddle once during menopause and a hot flash hits her and you have become the devil incarnate.

I fully intend to respectfully ask God why he designed it this way and why...
Its all just a natural form of Birth Control.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts