Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've stumbled upon some videos and podcasts about how estrogen loss causes negative side effects to the the body, such as heart disease (which is the number one killer of women in the USA), Alzheimer's and osteoporosis. But women can compensate for the loss of estrogen through hormone replacement, diet and exercise.

Why is it that all I've ever heard about on the subject is that you get hot flashes and night sweats?! That's crazy.

My next physical is in about a month, and I'm definitely bringing this subject to the table with my doctor. Heart disease runs in my family.

Lemme know if anyone wants to look at the videos/podcasts I've been checking out. Happy to share!

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Are we talking about Menopause?

If so, I'd like to throw something out to the Manly Old Men of the Hive;

In your marriage or other relationships, do you prefer Menopause or PMS in your old lady?

Discuss...

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Mum had high Estrogen for a 80 year old, but had the mind of a pre teen because of late onset Alzheimers and Senile Dementia.

Pray you don't have to do that, but I promised my parents they wouldn't go to a Nusring Home.

Mom went twice so I could have a 5 day sanity respite.

After Mom couldn't go outside without the alarms going off, she had 10,000 steps a day in a 55" trailer

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mum had high Estrogen for a 80 year old, but had the mind of a pre teen because of late onset Alzheimers and Senile Dementia.

Pray you don't have to do that, but I promised my parents they wouldn't go to a Nusring Home.

Mom went twice so I could have a 5 day sanity respite.

After Mom couldn't go outside without the alarms going off, she had 10,000 steps a day in a 55" trailer
I know what you mean about the alarms. I had to keep one on my mil's bed so she wouldn't try to get out by herself and have a fall. These covid times have been the years between two grannies for me mil had severe memory loss and breast cancer.

My mom has congestive heart failure and serious mobility issues. She lives with us.

I just want to do everything I can to stay healthy as long as I can, because getting old sucks.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

In your marriage or other relationships, do you prefer Menopause or PMS in your old lady?

Discuss...
Slippy, you are a naughty man.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And did you also know that birth control often results in copper toxicity?? And on I could go on the matter of wimmins health.
No, didn't know that....

But the more I'm ;earning, the more I'm thinking I'm getting on estrogen replacement therapy and not getting off until shtf, or they pry it loose from my cold dead hands. Whichever comes first.

·
Registered
151 Posts
No, didn't know that....

But the more I'm ;earning, the more I'm thinking I'm getting on estrogen replacement therapy and not getting off until shtf, or they pry it loose from my cold dead hands. Whichever comes first.
My GF has been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for over 15 years (she is, ahem, over age 62) with good results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My GF has been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) for over 15 years (she is, ahem, over age 62) with good results

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
How did she find out about hrt? Seems like the best kept secret--not for everyone, but for many.

·
Administrator
15,267 Posts
One of the main HRT drugs is Premarin, and the way it is produced is evil.
This is something you should know if you are thinking about this.
It is made from the urine of pregnant mare horses. The mares are impregnated, and then must stand in a small stall to limit their movement so as to not displace the bladder bag used to collect the urine. They are kept like this for about 6 months, then they are turned out to give birth. After the foals are weaned, about 4 months, the cycle is repeated.
The foals are just a "by product" and are usually sold for slaughter.
So, the mothers endure endless cycles of abuse, and the foals are killed.

This is no longer done in America due to the abuse these poor animals endure. The industry then moved to Canada, but was run out of there too. It is now made overseas.

My wife had a complete hysterectomy which included both ovaries about 30 years ago, at age 45. The doctors wanted her to take Premarin, which would have to be continued forever.
She refused, as she loves horses and hates animal abuse. She is 74, has no osteoporosis or heart problems. She does have other problems, to be sure, but they do not come from not taking hormones.

Investigate any HRT drug suggested to you, if it is made from animal urine, let your heart and soul be your guide.
I just thought you should know,

Reactions: Denton and Annie

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Discuss...
You know, I have 4 daughters here so we have both going on at the same time!

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
You know, I have 4 daughters here so we have both going on at the same time!
Are all 4 daughters still living in the house?

I never have understood why women cannot control themselves during their pre-menstrual cycle? MOST if not all of marital issues could be eliminated if women could control themselves.

·
Super Moderator
State of Grace
6,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Annie

What exactly are you trying to overcome? Is it stuff related to Menopause?
Lack of knowledge. I'm wondering why no one ever told me the health benefits and variety of ways to manage the loss of hormones. I guess Im looking at it as prepper stuff for women.

Are all 4 daughters still living in the house?

I never have understood why women cannot control themselves during their pre-menstrual cycle? MOST if not all of marital issues could be eliminated if women could control themselves.
Daughters are complicated, wonderful, but definitely more work than my son. He's out on his own now, and engaged.

One daughter's home from college for the summer. Two others are both working and going to college. The baby's in high school still.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Most couples would be much happier if women would warn their men that PMS is coming. Then men could leave for 5 days and come back and all would be great.

But no, women have to keep that shit to themselves then unleash emotional hell on their man for simply breathing.

FUBAR

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
Menopause is a whole 'nother ballgame.

For 30 damn years, 5 days a month all men get is "why don't you ever cuddle with me?"

Then try to phfarkin cuddle once during menopause and a hot flash hits her and you have become the devil incarnate.

I fully intend to respectfully ask God why he designed it this way and why...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts