Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is paydirtpawn and we have a lot of wise food to sell! Our number is 678-635-7012

Item: Wise food 60 servings 2 Servings per day (entrees only) for 1 adult for 1 month or 4 adults for 1 week. Comes with savory stoganoff, Chilli Macaroni, Pasta Alfredo, Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini,Teriyaki and rice, cheesy Lasagna,Creamy Ala King and Rice Creamy Tomato Basil.

For Sale:120.00

41+B9F1W0sL__SX300_.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
2 posts and your not even listed in the BBB in Monroe Georgia...They never heard of ya....Either your super new (And Risky) or fly by night

Yea I'm gonna send you money....Hold your breath till it gets there!

·
Registered
938 Posts
What's the shipping charge to 60510?
Paraquack, here is a link for you - ten bucks cheaper, and reputable retailer. You can get the shipping charges when you place your order.

They also put this same item on sale for $99 on holidays - you may want to wait on a sale, and they also do free shipping on sale items sometimes. I buy a lot of stuff from them - good people. No affiliation, just a happy customer....

Wise Foods 7 Day Ultimate Emergency Meal Kit 01-858 - Survival - Accessories

·
Registered
93 Posts
I really wanted to post a spam picture. But it was at least in the classified ads. But 2 posts to just jumping in to selling something is frowned upon at most message boards.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I've posted this before but it is worth repeating, usually the "serving" size is about 4-500 calories x 2 per day is about half of what you need if you sit on your ass all day, for an active person this bucket will last 3 weeks for a single person.

Buying bulk rice, beans, wheat, oats, sugar, salt, and canned goods will be far more cost efficient.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've posted this before but it is worth repeating, usually the "serving" size is about 4-500 calories x 2 per day is about half of what you need if you sit on your ass all day, for an active person this bucket will last 3 weeks for a single person.

Buying bulk rice, beans, wheat, oats, sugar, salt, and canned goods will be far more cost efficient.
There you go again, trying to end a thread with your logic and common sense. You old pragmatist, you.

Paraquack is behind enemy lines in the gun-unfriendly zone near Chicago, out in the suburbs, thankfully.

Not everyone has the space to store bulk food supplies, a luxury that a MontanaRancher certainly enjoys (man, those winter pictures look cold - brrr!) so maybe he needs a one-bucket to toss in the BOV solution so he can escape the madness that will be Shi*cago trying to evacuate the hoods and the hoodies from the South Side.

I have to remind myself sometimes of the challenges people face dealing with regional differences that affect their preps. Everyone faces a different set of issues....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Haha

You made my day!

My point being a 50 lb bag of rice will have 3x the calories for $20 and take 2 x 5 gallon buckets to store.

Oh and yes it kind of pisses me off when newbies throw out "sales" on their first or second post.

·
9,021 Posts
I get a kick out of preppers on TV who look like they've invested thousands in Wise. Not to get me wrong, I own one pail.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Here is a slick trick

Check your phone book for feed dealers in your area, you want the place that sells chicken food, rolled oats and corn for livestock.

Then go there and buy a 50lb bag for about $12

Corn, wheat, oats, the price doesn't vary much.

Now set up a box fan and pour the bag through the air stream ( usually called windowing) to get the chaff out of it. Do it twice or three times.

Pour it in a 5 gallon bucket (takes 2 buckets) with a opened pocket warmer or some dry ice and presto, you just preserved a 2 week supply of food for 4 people for $12

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
No offense intended Montana Rancher, but I cannot bring myself to the point where I will store field corn yet. :-D

We buy a lot of grains from the LDS. I order it online and it is around $30 per case - 6 cans of wheat, cleaned, prepackaged in #10 cans with an oxygen absorber. That is about 33 pounds of wheat per case. As I recall steeled oats were about the same price but weigh less. Corn was more expensive, but I do not remember how much. (It could not have been too much higher or I would have remembered.) Regardless, it is still a LOT cheaper than buying freeze dried stuff, and probably healthier too.

There is an LDS cannery near us as well where I could buy it cheaper by canning it ourselves. But they are only open to non-LDS members on Wednesday or Thursday evenings and I am rarely in town during the week. So it is just easier to mail order it.

Another good way to get dried corn, depending on where you live, is buy it directly from the farmer and air dry the ears. It takes about 2 weeks to dry them enough to strip the kernels from the cobs, but then the cobs make great fire starters. It requires about 6 dozen good sized ears of sweet corn per gallon of died kernels.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ive posted this before - I tried one of their free samples and it sucked. Too expensive for what you get. I can get 5 times more food per dollar if i buy it myself, and it tastes much better.

In my opinion - Don't waste your money on Wise.

·
Registered
492 Posts
just a little advice... If you want to sell here or anywhere, take the time to introduce yourself and get to know us.
We are more savy than you give us credit for and many are quite frugal like me. Good luck to you.

punch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts