Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this ammo in the store yesterday and I have become pretty curious about it and wondered if anyone had used this ammo before and if so what you thought about it.

Its a 2 3/4 inch round shooting a 400 grain hollow point bullet of pretty substantial diameter at a speed of 1450 fps or there abouts. IIRC...it supposed to have about 35% less recoil. It was advertised at 11.00 fun dollars a box of 5 making it one of the more budget priced Sabot loads for fully rifled 12 gauges out there on the market.

I have a NEF Ultra Slug and I have several pumps with rifle choke tubes and was thinking about testing a box or two.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Well it depends on what you want to use the slugs for, I believe they will work great for hunting because they are real accurate out to 100 yards. I really like the reduced recoil buck shot that is issued to me at work because of the quick follow up shots from the reduced recoil and it seems to perform as well as the hotter loads.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was considerably cheaper here locally than other sabot options in the 12 gauge. For 3 bucks or so more the Hornady SST was an option but the bullet was lighter. I was just looking at the possibility of something better than the Lyman Diablo I am using now and some of the big stupid dollar 5 packs of sabot rounds. I normally use my slug loads on Hogs or the occasional way ward deer if I stumble into one and have a tag on me. Thought it might work pretty fair on Black Bear too if I get the chance to a hunt like that again.

I agree with you Meangreen on the reduced loads...I have not found them lacking in much of anything other than recoil which is great for helping you get back on target quicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.