Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I can see parking that in my driveway - as good as having a flashing neon sign: "prepper" when the shtf get your stuff here.........

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It is a non profit! Even the Huffington Post has made comments about these projects. All ducks are in a row and this is one sweet deal for some lucky person. The money is going to fight the over taxation problem NC is having!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Did you know your screen name "bleeds over" into your posts?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ok, with my extensive knowledge of military vehicles I am going to say bull squat

Any military vehicle I have ever driven which is a LOT

Most of these rigs get about 5 miles per gallon, unless you are taking a M1 tank which is about 1 mpg (running or stationary it is the same)

If you want a SHTF rig that is EMP proof, then this MAY be a good choice

My opinion is that it will not matter if you have a truck that can run, the cost of actually running it will exceed the COST of running it.

Fuel will be the determining cost of transport, it will not take long for people to adapt current vehicles that get 20 MPG instead of the military's rediculitous 4????

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well then let me give you a bit of an education then my friend! If you put 46" tall tires on this truck you will get 11-12 mpg which is awesome for a 12,000 lb truck that will haul 5 tons in the bed! Not only that the multifuel engine will run unconventional fuels with out modification! Put used motor oil, trans mission fluid, veg oil, fuel oil, diesel, gasoline, non pcb transformer oil ect in it and it will run! Now consider this, the gasoline that is sold in todays market place has a shelf life of 2 years If you put additives in it! No additives and you will be lucky to get a year out of it ( know this because I have regular exotic car customers that let their autos sit that long before they try to crank and use them again and there is always an issue with the new fuels ) I have been building and modifying these trucks for years and the reliability is there! I have never seen an engine sit for 10 years and just crank up with out some sort of issue except this particular high compression engine! These engines have no glow plugs or spark plugs they simply fire on raw compression! When there is no ignition system to fail that is one less concern for reliability! FYI this stock truck gets 10 MPG with its 900x20 tires, but I guess you already knew that because you have an extensive background whatever? This truck is an m35a2 with a 465ci multifuel engine! This raffle is for a good cause because we are trying to actively make a differance not passively trolling the internet placing our ignorant opinions effortlessly! IF you want to ruin it for everyone join the OBAMA administration and continue misinforming people! Sorry to be harsh but you know not of what you speak! If something were to happen and our systems were to collapse in less than a few months you wont find fuel in all the automobiles laying around, but what you will find is transmission fluid, motor oil, and combustibles of the like that can be made at home from plants. This vehicle has a built in generator and air compressor to power auxiliary equipment as well! Can you drive your suv under 10' of water like this one by simply adding an extension to the intake? I have not even listed the goodies in the truck yet!

Ok, with my extensive knowledge of military vehicles I am going to say bull squat

Any military vehicle I have ever driven which is a LOT

Most of these rigs get about 5 miles per gallon, unless you are taking a M1 tank which is about 1 mpg (running or stationary it is the same)

If you want a SHTF rig that is EMP proof, then this MAY be a good choice

My opinion is that it will not matter if you have a truck that can run, the cost of actually running it will exceed the COST of running it.

Fuel will be the determining cost of transport, it will not take long for people to adapt current vehicles that get 20 MPG instead of the military's rediculitous 4????

·
Registered
425 Posts
Number of axles is not the sole determining factor. More about GVRW with the initial point being 26,000 or towing 10,000, or for 16 passengers or hazmat.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to drive these in the military but as a civilian now, do I need a CDL due to it having 2 rear axles?
What state do you live in? Most states you don't and also it depends on how you register it! But unless you live in CA most likely the answer is no unless you are going to use it for commercial use. Also in most states if it has running water in it ( fresh water tank and sink ) you can register it as a recreational vehicle! My insurance in NC is $198 a year as I register mine as a classic auto.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You dont need a CDL in NC regardless of how many axles on this vehicle! You can register it as a farm vehicle, a RV, a classic or get weighted tags for it. But If you are going to use it for commercial use you will have to get weighted tags and a CDL in NC.
Thank you for your support! Fingers crossed. What part of NC are you in?
I'm also in NC. Just entered the raffle, Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I can see parking that in my driveway - as good as having a flashing neon sign: "prepper" when the shtf get your stuff here.........
D'uh, you don't park it there MrsInor. Women, sheesh. You put it in a big PVC pipe and cache it in your backyard.

(Edit, yes I just realized I responded to a months old thread.)

·
Registered
921 Posts
No I did not know that! How do you suggest I fix it? It does not do that on my PC!
I have no idea how to fix that other than shortening the screen name. :smile:

OK. So who won? ( Yeah. I've been away for a while.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts