Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
So you do not watch the news much do you President got on Tv and told you he is coming for them. So have a lot of others but you are on his side I take it.
No cool aid when the man tells you he is going to. Biden said I will have the bill pasted by January

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too sure how me posting something about how hard it would be for all firearms to be confiscated is, would put me on his side. I enjoyed reading the post and decided to share. Im pro-gun rights and I can see where the article is coming from.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I see what the article is saying and it seems to further try to breakdown the who's who in the 2nd Amendment debate. But it is only an article and not tried and tested factual evidence. Still worth reading IMO.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're trolling now. It's spelled Caesar, not ceazar, and primarily was in regards to taxation, and temporary loyalty. Second, the quote you are referencing was in reference to the Roman Empire. As bad as the Roman Empire was, it actually provided a stable area for Christianity to grow, and eventually, to become the religion of the area. If the Empire didn't exist, that would have been much, much harder (look at the areas Christianity didn't take strong root in, such as Arabia, and the Parthian/Persian Empires). If Christians had actively been fighting the Empire, it is doubtful it ever would have been accepted. That said, Christians at no time were to just knuckle under to Roman authorities. Christians were routinely persecuted, driven into exile, and occasionally, they did resist (Luke 22:36, the "sell your cloak, buy a sword" verse taken literally).

Taken the way you suggest it, the Church should never, ever resist an immoral, or counter-faith order from the government. If that was the case, then the Church in Germany did the right thing by assisting the Nazis during their takeover, and helping to turn over Jews, while the few pastors and religious leaders who spoke against this, such as Dietrich Bonhoeffer were wrong, and disobeyed God's commands. Somehow, I think not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts