Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Will Work For Silver...

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  oldgrouch 
#1 ·
I'm baby sitting a friend's dog for pre-1964 coins. G'head, tax me for approximately five bucks! :D

#3 ·
I am too old for a baby-sitter and too damn young for live in care... what game will you play with this old married man - that his wife would "approve" of? Not everyone plays the same kinds of games or pays in the same way. :twisted:

love ya!

Reactions: SquirrelBait
#5 ·
Paul...I would pimp your old ass out to some pipe hitten home boys from compton. They would pay top dollar to get their mitts on you.
I really don't think they would like it... really!

#13 ·
I have noticed a trend in silver being used as payment with people that do a lot of trading.
I usually just ask if they take "real money" some say "what?" some smile and say "What have you got?"
I bought a set of tires and wheels (off a new truck) for $21.85 real money. He wanted $350 paper stuff firm.
But when I asked about using silver it was a whole new game.
At the prices where they are right now I try and get 16-to-1 face I buy at 14-to-1 nice discount

#17 ·
This is just me, But I feel that real money keeps every one honest. In my mind, Fiat carries a sort of sickness. A mental or moral illness if you will.

Giving real value for real value is healthy.
True, but as soon as too many catch on the economy will crater world wide.

#19 ·
Ok so if I swing a deal on a new car at the dealership and pay him in silver,,,,,,If they only tax face value then the
dealer could clam a loss on the car? And I could get a great deal? I know the guy that owns the Chevy place HUmmmmm,
Food for thought Oh,, And the taxes on the car would be based on the face value of the silver coins?
I would use paper stuff to pay the taxes LOL $1875 for a new $30,000 car? I would say silver is holding a great value.
Hey,,, Thats like a 1960 price on a new car. Same price now as then. Using the same money. So if we would have stayed on
the silver and gold standard would prices have stayed down better than they did? Gas would be $.25?

#21 ·
Slightly off topic, but I read somewhere that in Louisiana, it's illegal to pay cash at a second hand store, or possibly at yard sales.
Sounds like an illegal law, by the way.
I wonder if that would apply to silver rounds or bars, as opposed to official US coins. :?:

Reactions: SquirrelBait
#23 ·
The last time i purchased a roll of dimes I paid $90.00 for it. Yesterday is was $70.00. However, I just blew this month's play money on a new bow. By the way, if paid in cash, I doubt I would declare it on my taxes. Call me a scofflaw --- like fearless leader in the White House. I like silver!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.