Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me a fool, but I have always placed my emphasis on stocking rifle ammo and shotgun ammo over handgun ammo. Don't get me wrong, I still have at least 3-400 rounds of ammo for every handgun (with much more being 9mm), but always thought that the better get was rifle ammo. I want ammo for my primary fighting weapon and that is not a handgun.
Thoughts....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Call me a fool, but I have always placed my emphasis on stocking rifle ammo and shotgun ammo over handgun ammo. Don't get me wrong, I still have at least 3-400 rounds of ammo for every handgun (with much more being 9mm), but always thought that the better get was rifle ammo. I want ammo for my primary fighting weapon and that is not a handgun.
Thoughts....
Well I have a 9mm carbine and a 9mm pistol so for me it makes sense to stock deep on 9mm..
Otherwise it makes more sense to stock deep for rifle ammo...

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have a 9mm carbine and a 9mm pistol so for me it makes sense to stock deep on 9mm..
Otherwise it makes more sense to stock deep for rifle ammo...
Do you have rifles as well? I have a JR Carbine 16" 9mm carbine, but I would not pick it over a rifle. Fun to shoot though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I keep plenty more .45ACP than any other handgun ammo. Only because I have .45 handguns and a Kriss Vector Gen II in .45 that likes to go through a lot of rounds. Other than that I have less than 4,000 rounds of ea. 9mm, .40, .38, & .357 which are the only handgun calibers I own. I'm definitely in agreement with stocking up on rifle & shotgun rounds, I would never let them get that low with the exception of 30-06 that I only have about 1,000 of.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I keep plenty more .45ACP than any other handgun ammo. Only because I have .45 handguns and a Kriss Vector Gen II in .45 that likes to go through a lot of rounds. Other than that I have less than 4,000 rounds of ea. 9mm, .40, .38, & .357 which are the only handgun calibers I own. I'm definitely in agreement with stocking up on rifle & shotgun rounds, I would never let them get that low with the exception of 30-06 that I only have about 1,000 of.
What do you have for rifle if I might I ask?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Oh, I well know that, they have been here before many times.

The local batfe have long thought I would convert semi's into full's for a price without paying the SOT and x-fer tax, did pay the SOT.
I had visit from a undercover FBI agent once. He brought a squad of cops with him; and he told me that I didn't know who I was messing with.

Ho hum. I have a lot of crazy things happen to me; and he didn't scare me in the least. He asked me if I had any guns, and I said no.

You see there was this terrible boating accident........:devil:....... yammer,yammer.
I had about 8 guns in my closet.:vs_blush:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts