Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes one tends not to notice notice things because it has become the norm. Occasionally something pops up and you say "Oh yeah, that's why I like it here"

Without too much detail, someone was in need here and many jumped in to help. I stayed out of it simply because I have no first hand knowledge of the problem myself. I still read the entire thread. I was proud of those who were willing to help. No questions asked, they were willing to help someone who was experiencing something they had dealt with themselves. To me, that is what life is about. Helping others and doing your best to make this world a better place.

We've had some come in, raise hell, call us all kinds of things. Ok, probably some of that we deserved (but we had fun doing it :mrgreen:). But those people usually don't last long and find somewhere else to raise hell. All I can say is see ya later, bye!

Those that have been here quite a while are a truly outstanding group, and we are building those numbers. Some I know are not as active but still lurking. I am happy to know you all and say thank you. You've made my life, and others too, a little bit better. ::clapping::

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
This forum is good because it's got good people running it and isn't so PC that you can't talk. We can dis agree and keep going, have some funny comments and even push the language and thoughts and still remain civil. Seems like most here have a brain and aren't afraid to use it.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Sometimes one tends not to notice notice things because it has become the norm. Occasionally something pops up and you say "Oh yeah, that's why I like it here"

Without too much detail, someone was in need here and many jumped in to help. I stayed out of it simply because I have no first hand knowledge of the problem myself. I still read the entire thread. I was proud of those who were willing to help. No questions asked, they were willing to help someone who was experiencing something they had dealt with themselves. To me, that is what life is about. Helping others and doing your best to make this world a better place.

We've had some come in, raise hell, call us all kinds of things. Ok, probably some of that we deserved (but we had fun doing it :mrgreen:). But those people usually don't last long and find somewhere else to raise hell. All I can say is see ya later, bye!

Those that have been here quite a while are a truly outstanding group, and we are building those numbers. Some I know are not as active but still lurking. I am happy to know you all and say thank you. You've made my life, and others too, a little bit better. ::clapping::
I know the thread you are talking about and I agree 100% with every word you wrote. My prayers are with our friend that is suffering right now as well as our guys that have been through his situation before.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Here, Here! A great place with people I feel like I've known forever. And a lot like family. Mostly because you can't pick your family and even if they drive you crazy, you're still stuck with them. And I am proud to be stuck with this group!

Reactions: indie

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
I too feel the same, I have no experience with what said genleman was feeling/experiencing, so I just said a little prayer and wish him the best. The reason I love it here, is becouse like everyone stated, we fight, bicker, learm from others, but this is the most respectfull/ civilzed forum I have ever seen. Yes, we have our differences, and lots of interesting people have came and gone, some I miss, some I could forget about, but I value them, and their knowledge.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This forum is a bit of a melting pot, correct me if I'm wrong; I would be willing to bet that a lot of people who are here used to be members of others forums and found them either so big that the signal to noise ratio was ridiculously unbalanced, or because of the primary subject matter the general population was so far off the deep end there isn't a lifeguard anywhere that could rescue them. So y'all came here looking for somewhere that you could actually find like minded people to talk about the things that matter to you, and because we all came here looking for that, we all came here with a bit more of a level head and while our views may not always coincide, everyone here is (for the most part) mature enough not to take it as personal offence when someone disagrees.

The mentality that permeates this particular forum breeds good debate, and it also breeds good fun when confronted with aggressive behavior from a select few. It also means that even those who don't fully understand someone's problem want to, and will do everything they can to help. Even if they never understand the problem, the goal is to make the person with the problem feel comfortable and welcome, not alienated and silly.

Good luck finding that attitude in a lot of places. It's good to see it here.

·
Administrator
15,270 Posts
I belong to 80 or so boards, survival/prep, homesteading, history, veteran, firearm, and occasionally post on all of them.
A handful I visit and post on every day.
But this forum is my first stop every morning, the last stop at night, and this window stays open on my terminal here at work all day. (Sometimes it's good to be the boss. Sometimes.)

We have a great group of men and women here. People I would not mind sharing coffee with. People who I have never met but still consider a friend.
Yes we get our share of losers and trolls, but we do have fun with them.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
672 Posts
This is the first prepping forum I found and it's the one I'll stay on. In addition to the great people, there are a lot of topics to talk about, good knowledge to discuss, and like people have been saying the people who post here are usually civil about what they have to say. It's good to be part of a forum where this is the norm rather than the exception.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You summed it up well. Im on several sites and by far spend more time here by far as you don't see all the bashing, flaming or arrogance that you see a LOT of at other sites. To me that's what really sets this one apart. Like I have said before, this site may not be the biggest, busiest or the badest but I dare to say its one of the best bar none!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Well put everyone, I can't think of anything to add. Well except for maybe my mother's favorite joke. Why is Turtle Wax so expensive? Because their ears are so small.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been here less than 24 hours and I already love it. Everyone has been so nice and helpful!

My husband favorite joke?
Do you know what moth balls smell like?
Yes.
How did you spread the tiny legs?
Ba-dum-chhhh.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have been here since very early on even though I only have just over 100 post. I've only started a few threads myself but I check in everyday and catch up on all the new post. Enjoy the people here and you feel like you know them after awhile. We used to have a resident solar expert on here named Nadja and when he announced he was terminal I became so sad to learn he was dying. Never did hear if he died but haven't seen a post from him in a long time. Our mods here do a good job of getting rid of the bad apples quickly. I joined another prepper site but never go back there. This one is good for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts