Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing many if not most people on here are certain some kind of civilization ending event is coming in our life time my question is this if you have that strong of certainty of something that horrible why go through all of the trouble of preparing for that event rather then take the simpler approach of killing yourself and sparing yourself the pain of going through the event, what would you have to live for afterwards your very live will have lost their meanings why not just end it it would make more sense

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Youre a prepper your preparing for some event that is going to break civilization meaning you believe it will happen-the end of civilization civilization being that which gives us the things not only to survive but make it worth surviving and prepping can only do one of the two things civilization can do it can help you survive but it can't make life worth living only the benefits of civilization can do that

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Um no MR PHYSCOLIST, I prep becouse it was instiiled in me to be prepared. I prep so my family is safer. Breaking civilzation, its already broke...And as far as living with civilzation..well DOCTER, I would so much rather live independantly in the woods or an island with my lovely woman and kids...Then I would... oh nevermind, Ill just go kill myself now...having fun? I am....

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I'm guessing many if not most people on here are certain some kind of civilization ending event is coming in our life time my question is this if you have that strong of certainty of something that horrible why go through all of the trouble of preparing for that event rather then take the simpler approach of killing yourself and sparing yourself the pain of going through the event, what would you have to live for afterwards your very live will have lost their meanings why not just end it it would make more sense
If I read your post correctly, then you misunderstand most, if not all, of us. I prep, not because I think some calamity is going to befall all of us. I prep because I live a far better life prepping than I than I would following the sheep. I eat better and cheaper than probably 90% of Americans. I have guns because I enjoy them. You may find it strange, but I actually find pleasure in being able to provide for myself and my family.

Prepping is not a DEATH cult. It is a LIFE cult. As far as I am concerned, WE are the optimists. We are the ones that are going to enjoy the real things that happen in life regardless of what you people decide to do. If you want to play your Angry Birds on your iPad, feel free; I would much rather smoke some ribs.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Inor, where are you finding "rolling papers big enough to smoke ribs?"
Kidding, wish I was enjoying some Minnesota smoked ribs right about now.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I prep to be able to at least have some options with whatever may be coming. Hopefully whatever the situation we'll survive the occasion then have time to evaluate
whatever is next, if I don't prep I don't have that option. I thought about prepping for years then on the late afternoon of 9/11 I drove to my local chain supermarket
and was surprised to see that anything worth having was gone, no milk, break, meat, canned good almost all gone, crazy! That day taught me almost any big time
event will be the same or worse so now I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Yes. Mr Jefferson, I think comics couldn't understand the difference between some of the doomsday preppers shown on tv and us civilized, self sufficient, Freedom loving people on this site.
either that, or his mom yelled down into the basement "get off the computer son, I need the phone line to call in my unemployement claim this week"...
sorry, its still slow at work, so I guess Im trolling for trolls...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Most people here are survivors. The worst can come to their doorstep and their natural instinct is to push through and keep living for all the good things life still offers. No matter what life takes from you, that's not all there is. Loss is part of it, but just a part.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Really and truly, I like the question, its been asked on this awesome site many times..I never became a prepper, I was born and raised this way. My wonderfull mother and grandparents lead by example, and THANK GOD I was raised to believe that nothing is taken for granted, there is nothing free, and you get what you put in.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Please, after you

Reactions: KingM

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Not everyone preps for an event. I found myself in a bad situation a few years ago. At one point before my current home closed escrow (and I didn't know if it would) I was planning on tent living on some land my parents left me. Things were very dire and shouldn't have been - I once had plenty. I learned a hard lesson and fell into "prepping" to insure it never happens again. The assets I had left were guns, some silver, a little money and a lot of land. The biggest asset was a wife and siblings that cared and we put our heads into becomming more self sufficient so I didn't need that which I could not get - income. I went almost 3 years without meaningful work. I tried a few sales jobs, worked a horrible all night inventory taking minimum wage job, and put most of my time into building, prepping, and developing the assets I had so I could live without needing - income.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts