Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So to shed some light and FACTs on this I'll start with a quick story, A very close friend of mine who works for a local police dept in CT once told me that every time they arrive at a domestic dispute at a private home they call up a database query on what guns the people in that dwelling own........ I said how is this possible after all I thought firearms registries were illegal, with a bit of investigation I talked with a close friend who has a CT FFL, He stated that each time a firearm is sold he needs to fill out a form and send it to the Police chief in the town or city that the purchaser resides in. it is then entered into a state datebase............ all the feds need to do is call the State police and walla they can find every fire arms purchase you ever made. Now I can't say it works this way in every state but I'd bet my last cent it works in every dem state and a good portion of rep states. NO ONE knows about it! And do you think the FFL dealers are going to tell everyone, heck no or all your future purchases will be private ones. Oh and BTW if they want the cops can confiscate all the firearms during the domestic dispute call! Cha Ching, Can you Say I NEED A LAWYER to get all my legal firearms back

·
Registered
14 Posts
Depends on which state you reside / purchase your weapon in. Example: If you live in let's say Texas and you purchased an AR15 from a dealer 15 years ago and that dealer is still in business, BATFE does not have a record of that transaction. That form (4473) stays in the FFL dealers files until he goes out of business. At that time, the dealer is required by law to submit those forms to the ATF going out of business depot. That is, unless those records (4473's) are 20 years are older. Those forms can be destroyed by the FFL holder if they are older than 20 years. However, that FFL holder is still required to submit the disposition books to that same department. It is illegal for a compliance inspector to copy any transaction from your Acquisition and Disposition books per the gun control act of 1968. Law Enforcement Division is not restrained if they are conducting an investigation on a specific firearm.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,701 Posts
Those forms can be destroyed by the FFL holder if they are older than 20 years.
I heard this was part of the recent gun bill that was passed, dictating that no forms could be destroyed once the law went into affect, regardless of age. That's why a few "gun tubers" were recommending that FFLs destroy any records that had passed the 20 year threshold before the law took effect.
It is illegal for a compliance inspector to copy any transaction from your Acquisition and Disposition books per the gun control act of 1968. Law Enforcement Division is not restrained if they are conducting an investigation on a specific firearm.
We all know this is happening. Just see BPH's post #42 above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can (could) destroy the 4473's after 20 years but not the physical books that showed the acquisition and disposition so that information still exist no matter what. Not sure where that new law stands at the moment. One thing is for sure. Having your illegal actions video taped is not very smart. That said, is this person Compliance or Law Enforcement? My guess is Compliance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
One thing that is for sure. They are not gathering this information for your future welfare. These people (Communist) have an agenda. That is to disarm you one way or another. It will go something like, registration, taxation, and then confiscation. They cannot take their game down the road much further unless you are defenseless.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
To be clear, the only law I know of that forbids a searchable database registry is a federal one.
States likely have all kinds of lists.
The law here states a registry is forbidden. The information is supposed to be destroyed after 3 days. I may be off a little on the time frame but there is not supposed to be a perminate record let alone a searchable data base. Those in charge pretend it does not exist. If Pa does it it would be silly to think the feds do not do it too with any information the obtain legally or otherwise. JMHO. After all when was the last time any one in government house was held responsible legally and did real prison time for such activities?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts