Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
It's not that there is A registry... but WHICH registry did they go by to target this law-abiding citizen?

And what's hilarious is...he only showed them ONE gun. I guess they didn't care about the other 6 he had purchased.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
We all know that when you buy a weapon and fill out a 4473 your basically signing a registration. Your name is run through a data base, type, brand, caliber, number bought and serial number is all documented. The local friendly FFL has to give the info to the ATF if asked.

Yes buying multiple guns at one time over a short period will throw a red flag. Is it illegal no but it obviously draws attention. Be smart guys.

Now as far them asking I'd tell them to get the you know what off my lawn.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
When the 4473 is filled out as to what type, make, caliber, and serial number, the only way the BATFE will get that information is to come and look at the form in person.
It is not called in at any time. The only information given at the time of the NCIS call in is whether it is a hand gun or long gun. Haven't you ever stood there and listened to the conversation?

IF you buy multiple guns at one time, or exceed a certain number of handguns per month, then the FFL has to alert BATFE. But, again, they would have to come to the store and look at the forms.

This is just a Youtuber trying to whip up the masses by presenting incomplete information.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Of course there's a registry. I'm also sure they have all the members of boards like this one.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
........It is not called in at any time. The only information given at the time of the NCIS call in is whether it is a hand gun or long gun. Haven't you ever stood there and listened to the conversation?.......
Not done that way here. You apply for a permit, it gets approved and sent to you. You saunter in to the LGS or GShow, fill out the 4473, show 'em your permission slip from The Crown, pays your money and out the door you go.

·
Administrator
15,629 Posts
Not done that way here. You apply for a permit, it gets approved and sent to you. You saunter in to the LGS or GShow, fill out the 4473, show 'em your permission slip from The Crown, pays your money and out the door you go.
I'm sorry that you live behind enemy lines. There's nothing like that in Florida.
Here, our local gun shops don't even call the main number for the FBI, they do it all on line with a state office in Tallahassee. Takes about a minute, maybe two, if you have a clean report (I do)

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
I'm sorry that you live behind enemy lines. There's nothing like that in Florida.
Here, our local gun shops don't even call the main number for the FBI, they do it all on line with a state office in Tallahassee. Takes about a minute, maybe two, if you have a clean report (I do)
You didn't understand my post.

There is NO 'call' to listen to. You apply for a permit, and it gets sent to you.

THEN......... when you want to go buy ANY firearm, you fill out the 4473 (just like you do), show your permit, pay your money and walk out with what you wanted to buy.

No phone call... no computer form to fill out... no potential waiting.... no "Oh, com back later; NICS is down".

·
Banned
21,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When the 4473 is filled out as to what type, make, caliber, and serial number, the only way the BATFE will get that information is to come and look at the form in person.
It is not called in at any time. The only information given at the time of the NCIS call in is whether it is a hand gun or long gun. Haven't you ever stood there and listened to the conversation?

IF you buy multiple guns at one time, or exceed a certain number of handguns per month, then the FFL has to alert BATFE. But, again, they would have to come to the store and look at the forms.

This is just a Youtuber trying to whip up the masses by presenting incomplete information.
RPD,

What you describe was the original intent. The corruption now is so bad no one can convince me that the BATFE and FBI don't use the information for their corrupt goals

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
So when I close my business Jan 1 and have to send all those 4473's into the ATF. What do you think they will do with said info??

Also when you buy muliple guns at one time as an FFL. I have to fill out this form and send it to the ATF. It cleanly has the info for the guns you bought.

If your stupid enough to do this numerous times over a short period of time. The gestapo will notice.

This only took me a minute to find on line. How can this even be an argument. Just look it up.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
So when I close my business Jan 1 and have to send all those 4473's into the ATF. What do you think they will do with said info??.......
They don't need to wait until you close up shop. The reason they revamped the 4473 so all the information they need for their registry is on the first page. This makes it a gazillion times easier for them to use their phones to snap a shot of every 4473 they 'inspect' when they 'visit' your shop.

They can rapidly run those images through OCR software and import it into a database.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Eliminate the BATFE! Farking bunch of commie punks!
The ATF should be a convenience store, not a gubbamint agency.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So, when they enter a serial number of a firearm you've purchased, even in another state, and your name comes up with all the info - when, where, what, etc. of your purchase, what is that tied to??

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Had to do a couple checks from the ATF. Gun of interest for investigation is found. Manufacture of gun with serial numbers is contacted where did it get wholesaled to.

Wholesaler is contacted for info of FFL they transferred it to. AKA your local gun shop.

Local gun shop gets call. They check their log book of who they sold gun to and transfer that info to ATF off the 4473.

Now once the business to closed that info is given to the ATF. From dealer sending log book and 4473's. So that info just doesn't disappear. I'm pretty sure it isn't just thrown away.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts