Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I'm wanting to get to know some new people, new techniques, and see who is actively doing or interested in aquaponic gardening!

I learned about aquaponics from a prepper a few years ago and it changed my view on gardening and farming vegetables, fruits and other crops! Let's connect and chat about aquaponics and swap experiences both good and bad!

Here are a few videos I made on what aquaponics is and why it is important.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21,104 Posts
Hey Mr Polyguarden,

Welcome to the forum. I will admit that Aquaponics is extremely intriguing and one day I'd like to learn more. So Thanks for the introduction.

I couldn't get both videos to load but I was able to watch one of them, the video that was 1:58 in length. The young man in the blue shirt did a nice and very professional job. However, I must ask....how does one get his hair to do like the gentlemen's hair was done in the video? The way that his hair was combed in toward the center of his head and then made a slight peak was very sporty. I doubt I could pull that hairstyle off without getting in a fistfight with my boys at the hunting club... but it looked very nice on that nice young man. :encouragement:

Thanks again,

Slip

·
Registered
11,808 Posts
Damn Slip....I always......just kinda pictured you with that kind of haircut. LOL

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Awhile back I had an aquarium even had real plants in it. I learned a lot about the nitrogen cycle. Are the nitrates alone enough to feed crops? Or do you have to add nutrients to the tank? Are you still doing water changes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very efficient and easy! No watering, weeding, or bending over in the garden anymore! Heck.. I forgot (on my first ever system) I had a aquaponic garden and came back to fruits and veggies growing/ grown! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have made many advancements with others in bringing froward 'Dual root zone' aquaponics where it is a hybrid system - soil and hydroponic media in one grow basket or bed separated by a burlap sack. This allows you to dose the soil layer without reaching to the hydroponic media or the aquaponic system itself.

For many crops this is not needed (nitrates from fish would work).. for the heavier nutrient feeders and when matching specific plant nutrient profiles you want to outfit your system as a dual root zone system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts