Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'm in the same boat as far as figuring out how to bug out. The hubs is gone out of state so it would be just me with three that are 1, 3 and 5. If you don't already, you might consider getting the youngest used to a carrier like Ergo or Boba (Boba is my preference) so you can pack him/her. I pack mine, about 30 pounds, on my back and can do it all day but it takes time to get used to the weight. You can front carry with Ergo and Boba too, so you could pack a backpack on your back as well, or, if need be, another kid. I've never double carried with two carriers, but I pack a 45 pound kid in my arms while the other is on my back. Definitely something you want to be doing already if you foresee a need because it's a lot of weight.

If you are out on foot, none of your three will be able to continuously walk. I'm looking at something like this: http://dixonrollerpack.com/ or Amazon.com: Deer Cart Game Hauler Utility Hunting Accessories Gear Dolly Cart 500lb New: Sports & Outdoors to either pack gear or kids. A red wagon might be a good idea too, if you could rig up a harness to pull it.

You can get dog packs if your dogs are big enough to carry some of their own gear: Amazon.com: Outward Hound Backpack, Extra Large, Blue: Pet Supplies

The two littlers aren't going to be able to pack much but your 7-year old could have a BOB with clothes and other light things.

But you're right, the reality is that you just have to stay in place unless there's absolutely no other option.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.