Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Well being in the military certainly presents you with some challenges that most don't have to contend with. That can certainly complicate things in many ways. I know I was in the military and a prepper too! In fact at one point I was stationed in Komifornia, god was a glad to get PCS orders outta that place and it wasn't that off the reservation when I was there last as it is today!!!

Your in the military and attached to them like it or not. You cant just not show up to work and wait for things to blow over, so I wouldn't waste much thought on a BOL. I would however concentrate on bugging in, especially if your in base housing! That's what I did while I was active duty before retiring. I concentrated on things I could do to make the going easier for me when everyone else was sucking up butter milk and hating life. You gotta have water! You gotta have food and you need shelter, not getting around the three. I would look at those three and see where at you can improve things. Think of prepping as a marathon not a sprint. Pace your self and do what you can when you can. After a time you will be surprised to find your self on much higher ground than the sheep around you. Then you will either leave the military or PCS some place where things might have a better out look for you. Then you can address other issues such as being able to bug out to a BOL or other safe place. While there may be a lot you cant do, there is still a whole lot that you can do. Do them!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
You know...I really hated the ,military while I was in and I can relate to a lot of your concerns but staying in for my 20 year retirement was so worth it even though I lost my medical benefits. It was nice to wake up at age 39 and get paid for it! Weigh your options long and hard before you decide to bail. Its a tough road to sometimes walk and even tougher when your married!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.