Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I'll be retiring in 4 years. We will be moving to wife's family farm where we eventually hope to own 150 acres. We will be digging a well with a manual pump backup, enlarging an existing pond to 2 acres and raising catfish, installing solar panels, raising chickens, goats and a couple of cows and buying two saddle broke ponies for transportation should we ever need it. I plan on several food plots for game as well as a large garden for herbs and vegetables.

Right now we are buying guns, ammunition and high capacity magazines. I have about 10 guns. I also have a Parker Tornado crossbow and lots of smaller items. I think the best thing you can invest in is a Katadyn pocket water purifier. I know people say "what if the water is all contaminated?" Well, being here in Tennessee I can find fresh water from springs, creeks, rivers and ponds within a few minute walk of my home anytime. A handheld purifier is essential. The one I referred to has an extremely long filter life too.

Right now I live in the suburbs and can't wait to leave. No bugout bag for me. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.