Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the south west. Desert. Little hunting, No farming and millions of mouths to feed all around me. I am looking to move somewhere that I can live in a financial collapse situation. I need decent employment opportunities until the shtf. I am a plumber. Any ideas? I have family in Wisconsin but my wife is not a big fan or 9 months of snow.

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
If you had property with a cistern system larges enough you would not have to go too far. Such a system would make subsistence farming possible. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
We don't get 9 months of snow. Wisconsin is a place you can live. Most will avoid places like the mid west. We have all the water you could ever need. food is easy to grow.
A lot less of the hand out crowd here. The SE part of Wisconsin away from Milwaukee works for us.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Welcome to PF from NC , head Southeast , best land you can find .

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
WI sucks and it is true. I'd say 10 months of snow and it's -20 for months. Can't grow crops or live off the land cause all the wildlife freezes to death. You have to spend the 2 months of summer cutting firewood to survive the other 10 months. I'd say TX or along the gulf coast with all the other millions that will head down there.

The picture on the left was taken July 4th just before the spring thaw. Only deer seen in the area in years.

·
Registered
10,647 Posts
Plumbers in Foat Wuth make more than the doctors and lawyers. All kinds of cheap cribs out in the johnny lunch bucket parts of da hood. We also dont eat any grits. See ya soon. My potty is leaking as we speak. I think we could be pals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We don't get 9 months of snow. Wisconsin is a place you can live. Most will avoid places like the mid west. We have all the water you could ever need. food is easy to grow.
A lot less of the hand out crowd here. The SE part of Wisconsin away from Milwaukee works for us.
my dad lives in Adams. Central Wisconsin. How much snow do you get

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I kind of like Jefferson,

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
I live in the south west. Desert. Little hunting, No farming and millions of mouths to feed all around me. I am looking to move somewhere that I can live in a financial collapse situation. I need decent employment opportunities until the shtf. I am a plumber. Any ideas? I have family in Wisconsin but my wife is not a big fan or 9 months of snow.
"9 months of snow." Lol. It is good that you actually believe that.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Contrary to what you were told, Arkansas is uninhabitable. Let me know when you find somewhere. I will spread the good news around here so the liberals can evacuate.

Reactions: bigwheel
1 - 17 of 17 Posts