Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Yeah i've been googling around but a lot need sunlight to make 'em go, so on dull days they'd be scuppered.
Others are big contraptions like moonshine stills which you have to light a fire underneath, but in a SHTF world in a city making fire might not be easy.
Your best bet is to get a Big Berkey filter, made in England, get a jug of pond water and run it through.

Add a bit of chlorine bleach to it also, look in here for the amount to use.

Scupper is a naval term, right? to sink?

Link for a Big Berkey, it is what I use everyday.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwjLnuDDy5ftAhVLTDABHbGkCD8Q0Qx6BAgJEAE

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Watts is power consumed. Amperage is electron flow.

Stop trying to Google your way to wisdom.
My wisdom was when YOU were an infant.

Your ass already said amps. Go Look. No volts, no amps.

You're just a sorry fat ass electric man , who charges way too much. :vs_laugh:

You are a dumb SOB. A system with out voltage difference can't transfer electrons.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Dang, this discussion about water got heated!! I think it even got kinky at one point. That meme about amps and volts and Ohms looked like some BDSM stuff to me!! :vs_blush:

·
Banned
23,899 Posts

You are a dumb SOB. A system with out voltage difference can't transfer electrons.
Chill right the Hell out!

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
No. Desalinaters are expensive and mostly inefficient.
Drat, i was looking forward to drinking the Atlantic.
But I suppose I could always get water from lakes and ponds and run it through the filter to zap any germs and things in it..:)

PS- I've also been toying with the idea of boiling seawater in a saucepan and somehow catching and condensing the desalinated steam, anybody got any ideas how to build a simple contraption like that?

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Drat, i was looking forward to drinking the Atlantic.

PS- I've been toying with the idea of boiling seawater in a saucepan and somehow catching and condensing the desalinated steam, anybody got any ideas how to build a simple contraption like that?
Yeah, get a Stainless steel pressure cooker and replace the weight with a condenser line that is cooled.

That is a simple still, pond water not seawater is the best bet or from a river, you did want to avoid heating didn't you???

A lot of work with a still and you have to watch it all the time, that is my last resort here, to use mine.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

Whatever you're sippin', smokin, shootin' or snortin', cut back a bit. It's making you act like a frikkin two-year-old who shit his pants screaming for a candy bar. And you're in public.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah, get a Stainless steel pressure cooker and replace the weight with a condenser line that is cooled.

That is a simple still, pond water not seawater is the best bet or from a river, you did want to avoid heating didn't you???

A lot of work with a still and you have to watch it all the time, that is my last resort here, to use mine.
Thanks, and I suppose I could always camp out at a nice spot like this and hope the water is clean enough to drink straight..:)

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
How much do you? might bend beams with your fat ass
Mad Trapper my friend, why don't you just take the rest of the night off?
Don't make us do something we don't really want to do.

Thanks.

Reactions: Annie and Denton

·
Registered
357 Posts
PS- just seen this solar still on the net, it looks like a bloody jellyfish and is a bit impractical because I'd have to leave it unattended anchored a few feet offshore in the Atlantic and hope the sun comes out to make it go.
Also cheeky kids are bound to pelt it with stones and BB fire and sink it, I know I certainly would if I was a snot-nosed kid..:)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.