Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
So? How many pounds does an ampere weigh?
Nothing.

Amp is like how big the river of power coming in is. Volts is how fast the river flows.

You need to talk watts. Then take the mass of eletrons transfered over a specific time. They do have a mass. (I got 99% on AP Physic exam in HS)

But that is DC. You run AC/DC :vs_laugh:

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Lots of people don't know it . . . but the water from a fire hydrant is the same that you drink and bathe with.

It takes a special wrench . . . or a pipe wrench . . . and some of them are left handed threads . . . but it could be a "last resort" . . . and if you live in the city . . . in the tunnels under the street . . . there are drains on them . . . so as a VERY last resort . . . down into the tunnels . . . take containers . . . have at it.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I have a Primo water dispenser so I try to keep 5 bottles on hand, 1 in the dispenser and 4 full ones sitting the the garage. Should times get tough there's a pretty good size pond within easy walking distance and a huge river within walking distance but quiet a bit further away than the pond. My plan there would be to use empty 5 gallon primo bottles to fill, bring back to the house, and purify. I have sawyer filters, life straws, and coffee filters/bots to boil

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Nothing.

Amp is like how big the river of power coming in is. Volts is how fast the river flows.

You need to talk watts. Then take the mass of eletrons transfered over a specific time. They do have a mass. (I got 99% on AP Physic exam in HS)

But that is DC. You run AC/DC :vs_laugh:
If that's the case, then your place would have collapsed years ago under the weight of all those electrons you paid the power company to pump into the place.

So if you really did so good in physics, you should have been able to come up with the answer.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
AC/DC you ass . nothing transfered in mass at all. Even DC electron mass would go to ground, back to earth

The electrons go back and forth, AC current.

WHO gave You an electrician license? Gomer or Goober?

Are you one connection short, of a full circuit? Or just a short circuit?

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
AC/DC you ass . nothing transfered in mass at all. Even DC electron mass would go to ground, back to earth.
But they still go through the circuit, and according to YOU....

......They do have a mass. ......
They have mass.

So, Mr "I got a 99% in physics".... if electrons have mass, how can they weigh nothing? WHO gave you your physics test? Mr. Magoo? Gilligan?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Watts is electron flow. W= V X I
Electron flow is part of the mathematical formula to figure out wattage but strictly speaking, electron flow is measured in amps. Technically, you are 100% wrong and I challenge you to a debate over it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Solar Still.
Yeah i've been googling around but a lot need sunlight to make 'em go, so on dull days they'd be scuppered.
Others are big contraptions like moonshine stills which you have to light a fire underneath, but in a SHTF world in a city making fire might not be easy.

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
Lots of good ideas here in the thread....Check YouTube for how to get water out of your water heater.

Nothing's more important than water. Could it be worth it for you to become a volunteer fireman? Seriously. They have access to lots of good clean water. Plus they'd probably have your back if looters tried to burn your house down.

Fill some 5 gallon food grade buckets and store throughout your apartment.

Get yourself a Berkey and some Life straws.

Save all seltzer and soda bottles. Refill them and squirrel them away.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.