Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Guess it's not so bad living here in WI. Only problem is all the out of state morons moving in and trying to control things.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Why not google up some BLM land near you?

If I did not have a BOL that is what I'd do. Id research public property that is not on anyone's path to any where, has access to a stream or pond at least, takes at least 4 hours to get to by foot off any road, is some where you could grow things, defend yourself etc. finding all that would take lots of time and energy but it's mostly free. I'd spend time on google earth first and reduce my trips. Once that spot is fond I think your excitement towards it will grow. You'll make the trek often, and you can take in supplies in a bury them, plant tree seedlings for fruit or nuts if possible and all kinds of cool things at very low costs with huge returns.

Google Image Result for http://8020vision.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fracking_map.png

I hope this link works. It's a map. This is scary. Where do you bug out to? If this link doesn't work, I will try to find another one that may.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Guess it's not so bad living here in WI. Only problem is all the out of state morons moving in and trying to control things.
That's how we feel here. Never fails that someone moves in from out of state and wants to treat us all as if we are the biggest hillbillies they've ever met, and no one's as smart as they are...LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts
Thanks IngaLisa, you helped me narrow down an area. IF I can ever get it together and convince the wife, I know the area will be looking at.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not saying one area is better than another, there is SO much to consider when you buy land, whether you live there full time or plan to bug out to it. It's complex. There are maps where you can overlay all kinds of things, even weather systems....it's worth looking at all the variables and check out the political climate of the area too. As a poster on here said, don't always think you need a lot of acreage. Less better land is better than more crummy land.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My part of Nevada wasn't high lighted that much on these maps but over a hundred years of mining has left us with other water issues. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
9,365 Posts
I'm not saying one area is better than another, there is SO much to consider when you buy land, whether you live there full time or plan to bug out to it. It's complex. There are maps where you can overlay all kinds of things, even weather systems....it's worth looking at all the variables and check out the political climate of the area too. As a poster on here said, don't always think you need a lot of acreage. Less better land is better than more crummy land.
I had actually had it down to a couple of different areas close by. You just helped me to decide my area to concentrate on. It was already on the top 2 of my list.

I still don't know how long it may take to do this but I do like having an area to start looking closely at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts