Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside of the Internet, what national/regional stores do you use for prepping? What do you get there? So far, Walmart's camping supplies aisle has provided my best local selection, and that is limited. I am looking for other locations.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a Cabela's, Sportsman Warehouse, big5, REI, Sports authority, Dicks Sporting goods and a Walmart within 10 miles of me. with all that I still do 90% of my shopping online. the only thing I get at the retail stores is when it's on clearance or on sale. E-bay and Amazon is hard to beat for the price.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wesley, I hear you. My problem is that I don't believe in using debit or credit cards. Makes it a bit of a challenge. Currently using prepaid credit cards for limited online shopping.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies to all, I did not see the earlier thread on the same topic.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wesley, I hear you. My problem is that I don't believe in using debit or credit cards. Makes it a bit of a challenge. Currently using prepaid credit cards for limited online shopping.
PayPal for the Win. if your worried about a Credit card online go setup a Bank account, somewhere that offers free checking. get it setup with PayPal. than only put money in it when you want to buy something online. I understand the security thing of it. I am in online sales for a pretty large company. If you stick with the trusted big name companies there is very very little to worry about. Just stay away from the no name sites. if you do go with a off name company online, only order if you can pick up the phone and talk to a real person. If they don't have a phone number to call and talk to a live person stay way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I find a lot of stuff at local gun shops, walmart and of course online. When I shop online, I always check craigslist. I have picked up a lot of great stuff for free on there. 6 person tent, used once for FREE! You just need to do a little research and send some emails, then go pick up the stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.