Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sportsman Warehouse sells the Mountain House in both #10 cans and individual packs. I picked up a few last time I was in though not powdered eggs. I do avoid anything using powder eggs at all, just can't seem to get used to the taste of them..

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can make your own powdered eggs. Just scramble eggs, then put them in the dehydrator. Once they are all dried, crush them.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ill try that. im just a lil paranoid about shopping for preps online.thanks :)
Type "powdered eggs" in your PC search bar and get a million hits.
Did some online searching on the subject as suggested, an I'm like milo, when possible, I try, especiall with ammo to shop where I can pay cash and not leave a trail. I'm not a member of this site listed below, but I picked up the following from How to make Powdered eggs yourself:) and this person has what I think is a great point.

Quote "I tried to do a calculation on how many eggs I would have to use to even get close to a #10 can, and it's something like 266 eggs or something like that? That's like 22 dozen of eggs. I paid $21.99 for my dehydrated eggs, and it was soooo worth it to me to save all of those hours it would have taken me to go through the process of doing them myself." Quote.

Being that I'm just in the research stage of canning and drying, I don't know what the truth of the above is, but thought it was worth noting and questioning.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Sprinkle some flour on the back of your chickens....sorry just being a smart ass :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked walmart and to my surprise they sell it so ill be heading there with my next pay check :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Of course, if you have any leftover WWII K-rations... :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts