Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Just my opinion, head east or NE Texas. Look for the evacuation routes and go perpendicular.

I'm south of Houston and my direction is farther south. Helps that I have a boat too. Most people will be heading north or west to SA.

Btw, it also depends in the scenario.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
NOT likely to ever happen, but if there were ever a SHTF situation where border patrol wasn't doing their thing... HOLY COW! I can only guess Texas would be FLOODED with waves of illegals and drug cartel robbing, raping, and pillaging anything and everything they could get their hands on. BAIL, BAIL, BAIL! Head North FAST would be my first thoughts and plans.
Actually, let me clarify. I'd be no where near the "border". When I say south you'd have to know where I'm starting from and I guess technically it would be south east, specifically 130 degrees from Galveston. Grab a map and you'll get the picture. ;)

Also to clarify, in a shtf scenario, where border patrol wasn't doing their thing, the citizens of Texas would. Being in SC you may not appreciate that statement but Texas would probably have better border security. The handcuffs would come off.

I would not leave Texas nor head north. The Texas/Louisiana border is a good area with plenty of resources to meet a survival need. The only other area would be into the high plains of Texas. You'd need to stay away from any population centers and Texas is big enough for you to do that.

If you did head north and leave Texas, the farthest north and not be in Yankee land would be Oklahoma or parts of Arkansas. Both have good wilderness areas that would meet the needs and good people. (Along with my neighbors in LA)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts