Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was living in Southern California 28 years ago when I saw it coming. The freeways leading out of California will be nothing but a five lane parking lot. I moved to Montana and it took a while to establish myself here and get some property. And everything people have said about bugging out to the wilderness at the last minute is true. Now that I am in the “Last Best Place” there is nowhere to go so my place will be defended to the end. Besides we’ve got 1 million people here in the state now and Montana is full.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Something to consider, IF THE POWER GOES OUT! The traffic lights will not work, there will be no way to buy gasoline or food. At that point in time, evacuation will be imposable and in some parts of the city, society will break down. All this chaos might only take 3 to 6 hours to unfold. Again, you may watch something on the 10 o'clock news and wake-up in a third world country full of chaos the next morning. Consider the Rodney King riots of years past.

·
Registered
169 Posts
If I were in your shoes: 1. Start camping to scout the areas and learn outdoor survival skills. Camping serves as an excellent cover to learn the local area and gleam info about people. 2. Find a small town 3 to 5 hours away and at lease store food, clothes and supplies there. 3. Start the search for some land. Mel Tapin wrote in his books about merging into a rural society. Since 2004 I have worked in that direction. I don't regret that one bit. 4. Set up a 3 year plan to move to a safer town, even another state.

·
Registered
286 Posts
People planning on leaving the Big City, or even the suburbs, when things get bad and running away to "the country" don't realize there are already people out here. Who don't necessarily want a bunch of new comers around.
And running away to "the woods" presents even bigger problems.

You'd best lay low, don't draw attention to yourselves, and for goodness sakes if you have food and supplies put back, do not tell anyone.
wisdom!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sometimes when you are living in a place you don't notice it changing. Even when the changes are drastic. I lived in Kalifornistan and left in 2017. I went back in 2021 for a funeral. Just 4 years later and the place I thought was my old stomping grounds was a pit. It literally transformed into a 3rd world hell hole in 4 years. If I had never left I doubt I would have noticed the slide downward. I lived in the Sacramento area and have been to the bay area tons of times. The best honest advice I can give you is LEAVE!! DO IT NOW! Yes it may be difficult but its doable. Don't listen to those without the courage who complain about loss of income or having family there. JUST LEAVE.. I did it, I rebuilt my life, I retooled my life and built a new one. I make 3x what I did in Kalifornistan and will NEVER go back to that S&^tHole... If anything ever goes south you arent going to make it in those areas. Thats the truth. I wargamed it for years and thinking you are going to bug out from the bay area is a fallacy, its a fantasy.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
A year ago I’d say start working on heading to Lassen County or adjoining counties and make the move in a year. Now I’d say do it this summer.

Born and raised in SF, I love that hell hole and still visit a lot. My last 3-4 years there I was paranoid about SHTF so much so I sold my condo a year early and lived on the boat before sailing away - literally. No regrets even if the condos did go up 50% since I sold. If you rent in SF you can buy now in Lassen with a mortgage payment we’ll below your rent. If you own in SF sell now. Look at the markets today - real estate will follow just like in 08.

best of luck!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts