Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,752 Posts
Like the tale of the ant and the grasshopper, hope not to see folks in dire need. My preps allow for my family only. I've raised my daughter to have compassion, not sure if I could refuse someone help and have her not look at me the same way as before. Guess I'm a softie, but when small children are involved it makes it really tough for me to be the real hardass.:)

· Registered
3,752 Posts
I see myself as a neutral. Protect me and mine, let people wipe themselves out (thugs,gangsters,thieves)

Then after a while, help where I can.

Unfortunately, I can't stay hunkered in for a long time. I see myself as security. Every time my dogs bark, I HAVE to look. My dogs do NOT bark at the wind. They bark because something is there. So for my piece of mind, if SHTF and it gets crazy, I'll be the one doing rounds around my and my grammas house. I just couldn't sleep at all knowing that the dogs barked and I ignored it. I'm not machismo at all, and am actually a tad cautious at bumps in the night, but that doesn't stop me from investigating.

But I think it all depends on what scenario and events take place. I don't think anyone can say with any amount of certainty what they will do without a specific scenario. I know if I were in a situation with 100+ people mobbing my street/house, I would do it differently than 10+ people. I would be neutral with 10+ versus 100+. 100+, I'd shoot to kill
Dogs like that are a treasure, mine, the little rat terrier, only barks at folks coming on to our property, he knows the boundaries. He won't even step off the curb when outside if someone walks by. Love that little guy to death, might bring him along instead of the wife.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.