Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like when the SHTF and its the apocalypse, will you be a bandit (kills everyone on site) a neutral (avoids people unless they seem nice and only kill bandits that go after you) or a savior? (kills ALL bandits,gives food to survivors, helps everyone, just do as much as you can to help everyone). i will probably be a neutral, il stay in a safehouse most of the time and i will stay away from people unless im CERTAIN there nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like to think I would try to be helpful to those that needed help. Just because the worlds had gone to s**t doesn't mean that we have to turn our back on humanity. There will always be good people out there that will help others in need.

Eternal_Prepper :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Depends on the situation, probably a bit of all of them. Nothing will be as clearly defined in practice as it is in your mind before everything goes to hell.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I plan on being a survivor, don't know where that fits in your descriptions? Probably a little of all to do it though.
That's the first thing that came to my mind too. A survivor. I don't want to be a bandit unless it's taking from those that obviously took from others. In turn I'll likely put bullets into them, that being the main objective to keep them from doing it again. Unless there more than I can handle. I will probably stay neutral in many affairs. Like thugs killing thugs for instance. We're better off without them. I may be a savior, but I'm no fool either and will not get involved in a loosing fight. I'll do what I can, what I know to be right and what will keep me alive.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I plan on helping my community ..If things get to bad and out of control then bug out and hit the cabin...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Like the tale of the ant and the grasshopper, hope not to see folks in dire need. My preps allow for my family only. I've raised my daughter to have compassion, not sure if I could refuse someone help and have her not look at me the same way as before. Guess I'm a softie, but when small children are involved it makes it really tough for me to be the real hardass.:)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I see myself as a neutral. Protect me and mine, let people wipe themselves out (thugs,gangsters,thieves)

Then after a while, help where I can.

Unfortunately, I can't stay hunkered in for a long time. I see myself as security. Every time my dogs bark, I HAVE to look. My dogs do NOT bark at the wind. They bark because something is there. So for my piece of mind, if SHTF and it gets crazy, I'll be the one doing rounds around my and my grammas house. I just couldn't sleep at all knowing that the dogs barked and I ignored it. I'm not machismo at all, and am actually a tad cautious at bumps in the night, but that doesn't stop me from investigating.

But I think it all depends on what scenario and events take place. I don't think anyone can say with any amount of certainty what they will do without a specific scenario. I know if I were in a situation with 100+ people mobbing my street/house, I would do it differently than 10+ people. I would be neutral with 10+ versus 100+. 100+, I'd shoot to kill

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
neutral due to water,food and meds being limited and resupply is not guaranteed.... ammo is plentiful so if bad guys are in range, the temptation will be hard to resist.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think neutral for the most part. Depending on the scenario, I envision that in most situations where things go crazy, we won't really know when help or normalcy is right around the corner.
So, while I may want to help people, I won't know that the food I share with them today will not come from my kids mouth 2, 3, or 4 weeks from then.

I would feel crappy about denying somebody that I wanted to help food/water they really needed and wind up with plenty of excess when normalcy returns. But that would be nothing compared to my kids going hungry and suffering because I miscalculated and figured we'd have more than enough.

As far as protecting others.....if I am pretty certain I can do so without risking me or mine, I will likely help others who I believe deserve it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts