Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
95 Posts
Yes a good prep is to know how to save and ferment heirloom seed.
Agreed.

There is that upside to the whole situation though. We will not have to worry about the green new deal or carbon taxes or people that drive tesla's, eat vegan and smell their own farts thinking how much better they are than other people.
I was vegan for a few years, am not now, but wouldn't mind going back to a vegan diet one bit. I never thought of myself as better than others because of my diet, and have known numerous vegans and vegetarians, but have never personally known other vegans or vegetarians who thought of themselves as being better than others because of their diet ... there may be people like that, but I have never known any personally. Different people choose different diets for different reasons. Also, in regards to the smelling your own farts thing ... speak for yourself.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,608 Posts
I understand that. I was just pointing out the illogical nature of the joke.
Well, there was also the implication of mental illness....
Cannibalism (as well as anyone who is, condones, or would even consider it) is pretty sick in the head.
The whole thread is an exercise in dark humor. It shouldn't be taken too seriously. ;)

Reactions: CC Pereira

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Many people do not grow plants for food ... but it does seem to me that vegans and vegetarians would be more likely to garden or forage for food than others. Yet when push comes to shove, anyone is also likely to eat anything they can find.
I know some will try, but the real question here is will they have the seeds available? One can know how to drive a car and be able to get to the ER in an emergency. But, if that car has no gas, it's sort of pointless.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Agreed.
I was vegan for a few years, am not now, but wouldn't mind going back to a vegan diet one bit. I never thought of myself as better than others because of my diet, and have known numerous vegans and vegetarians, but have never personally known other vegans or vegetarians who thought of themselves as being better than others because of their diet ... there may be people like that, but I have never known any personally. Different people choose different diets for different reasons. Also, in regards to the smelling your own farts thing ... speak for yourself.
You know I was making a South Park referenced joke about California. I was vegetarian for a year, just wanted to try it out. I think vegans and vegetarians will be quickly priced out of their food. Still need that protein. Soy has a lot of estrogen in it so it makes a man, well not so manly.
Organ Art Bottle Sharing Organism

Attachments

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
95 Posts
Lots of food contains protein. Soybeans contain complete proteins (albeit with phytoestrogens), as do peas, and other foods when combined (such as beans and rice). Another excuse of many to not even try a vegan or vegetarian diet (besides the flavor and texture of animal products that so many love), is vitamin B12 ... which actually does not come from animal products, but rather, it is made by microbes (such as probiotics, and bacteria in the soil that is inevitably consumed by animals when they eat plants from the ground).

Not trying to push any particular diet on anyone, just setting some things straight for people that are unaware of and interested in such things.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Lots of food contains protein. Soybeans contain complete proteins (albeit with phytoestrogens), as do peas, and other foods when combined (such as beans and rice). Another excuse of many to not even try a vegan or vegetarian diet (besides the flavor and texture of animal products that so many love), is vitamin B12 ... which actually does not come from animal products, but rather, it is made by microbes (such as probiotics, and bacteria in the soil that is inevitably consumed by animals when they eat plants from the ground).

Not trying to push any particular diet on anyone, just setting some things straight for people that are unaware of and interested in such things.
The problem is that it doesn't matter what you eat when the shelves are empty. What people eat after that will be anything they can get their hands on.

We moved away from being an agrarian society to city dwellers. For generations now, many kids don't even know where food comes from other than a factory.

Telling people to grow their own is one thing, getting them to do it is another. Some have grown a few plants to decorate their homes, but beyond that, they are at a loss as to what to do. Growing food takes time. Learning to grow your own food takes even longer. How many do you think have seeds? I can tell you there has been a shortage of seeds since the plandemic, and that hasn't changed much since.

So you steal from someone's garden. That will work short term, and won't be filling by a long shot. Starvation is not far behind.

Another thing that will be tried is robbing your neighbors and taking what food they have. Eliminate them in the process, and they'll have fewer people to worry about. Still, that won't last long either.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If there was only a way to get everyone on the same page we could all grow things, different things and trade with one another. Towns and cities could plant fruit and nut trees instead of decorative. And people who have special abilities like mechanics and carpenters and plumbers could trade out with people who are gardeners. We could live in a better society. But no we like McDonald's and FB. It's either we turn into the movie wall--e or little house on the prairie. Or it might just all go to hell like wwz. 😆

21 - 29 of 29 Posts