Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears the next stage of the democrats destroy America initiative will soon be kicking into high gear causing food to become impossible to find. So, I'm hoping someone will have some good recipes to share using herbivores or vegans to bolster supplies of proteins. I'm guessing it will be easier to secure copious quantities of vegans rather than carnivores or omnivores. (this is a joke, until it happens)

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
It appears the next stage of the democrats destroy America initiative will soon be kicking into high gear causing food to become impossible to find. So, I'm hoping someone will have some good recipes to share using herbivores or vegans to bolster supplies of proteins. I'm guessing it will be easier to secure copious quantities of vegans rather than carnivores or omnivores. (this is a joke, until it happens)
If you've been diligent, rice, beans and veggies will be your main source of food with some meat tossed in. That's why I've been learning how to fix Asian food.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,604 Posts
Careful in selecting your herbivores and vegans.
As of late, they've been encouraging each other to consume chemicals which inhibit growth into adolescence. This can make them less optimal choices, as protein deficiency is all but guaranteed.
Supplement with beans as necessary.
;)

• Haha
Reactions: mare and inceptor

·
Registered
75 Posts
98 food facilities so far. As for making your food stretch, I'm using ww2 ration recipes and depression recipes. Recipes from native American history and Mexican. I grew some amaranth this year to use as a grain you can toast it then grind it into flour, you can pop it in a frying pan add it to cereal or oatmeal or honey to make an energy bar. Amaranth is packed full of vitamins.

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
95 Posts
Cannibalism (as well as anyone who is, condones, or would even consider it) is pretty sick in the head. Very very few circumstances would ever give any person any logical excuse to eat other people.

BTW, why is it that everyone that does suggest cannibalism, always seems to go for the vegans and vegetarians? If anything, it should be the other way around. After all, vegans and vegetarians are not the ones eating or competing for meat and other animal products. Would eating vegans or vegetarians leave more animal products for others? Nope. Would eating others who are not vegan or vegetarian leave more animal products for others? Yep.

Vegans and vegetarians are far more likely to grow plants for food, which attracts other animals ... so if anything, meat eaters should consider vegans and vegetarians to be their allies ... vegans and vegetarians could grow plants for food and medicine, which attracts other vegan and vegetarian animals (like deer), which attracts meat eating animals (like cougars), and people who aren't vegan or vegetarian could kill and take the animals away from the gardens of vegans and vegetarians -- a win win.

And another thing. No person can live very long from only eating animal products, but any person could live an entire lifetime from only eating plant foods (unless a medical problem, such as a failed liver, prevents them from doing so).

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Vegans and vegetarians are far more likely to grow plants for food,
The real issue there is few even have a clue how to grow food. Even vegans. They go to whole food stores and buy there. Very, very few people have any idea of how to grow their own.

But even if some do grow their own, do they have seeds available? Even the gardeners I know don't store seeds, they buy them as they need them.

And in a situation where food is no longer available, I'll wager they will eat whatever they can get their hands on. Survival is a very strong motivator.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,604 Posts
Cannibalism (as well as anyone who is, condones, or would even consider it) is pretty sick in the head. Very very few circumstances would ever give any person any logical excuse to eat other people.

BTW, why is it that everyone that does suggest cannibalism, always seems to go for the vegans and vegetarians? If anything, it should be the other way around. After all, vegans and vegetarians are not the ones eating or competing for meat and other animal products. Would eating vegans or vegetarians leave more animal products for others? Nope. Would eating others who are not vegan or vegetarian leave more animal products for others? Yep.

Vegans and vegetarians are far more likely to grow plants for food, which attracts other animals ... so if anything, meat eaters should consider vegans and vegetarians to be their allies ... vegans and vegetarians could grow plants for food and medicine, which attracts other vegan and vegetarian animals (like deer), which attracts meat eating animals (like cougars), and people who aren't vegan or vegetarian could kill and take the animals away from the gardens of vegans and vegetarians -- a win win.

And another thing. No person can live very long from only eating animal products, but any person could live an entire lifetime from only eating plant foods (unless a medical problem, such as a failed liver, prevents them from doing so).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes a good prep is to know how to save and ferment heirloom seed. There is that upside to the whole situation though. We will not have to worry about the green new deal or carbon taxes or people that drive tesla's, eat vegan and smell their own farts thinking how much better they are than other people.

·
Registered
gardening, food preservation and storage, DIY
95 Posts
The real issue there is few even have a clue how to grow food. Even vegans. They go to whole food stores and buy there. Very, very few people have any idea of how to grow their own.

But even if some do grow their own, do they have seeds available? Even the gardeners I know don't store seeds, they buy them as they need them.

And in a situation where food is no longer available, I'll wager they will eat whatever they can get their hands on. Survival is a very strong motivator.
Many people do not grow plants for food ... but it does seem to me that vegans and vegetarians would be more likely to garden or forage for food than others. Yet when push comes to shove, anyone is also likely to eat anything they can find.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts