Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
This discussion reminds me of the fable about the Frog in boiling water .. I am afraid that the silent majority of which I am one .. is allowing our country to be "fundamentally changed" .. look at the "Squad' there is 4 of them now .. what happens when that 4 turns into 6 then 8 then 12 ... make no mistake that is their goal .. then it will be to late .. laws will be drafted by them .. and yes they will "fundamentally change America right before our very eyes .. little by little .. We had better VOTE !! .. because violence will be on the horizon if we fail to STOP the direction that these people are trying to take OUR country ...

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
This discussion reminds me of the fable about the Frog in boiling water .. I am afraid that the silent majority of which I am one .. is allowing our country to be "fundamentally changed" .. look at the "Squad' there is 4 of them now .. what happens when that 4 turns into 6 then 8 then 12 ... make no mistake that is their goal .. then it will be to late .. laws will be drafted by them .. and yes they will "fundamentally change America right before our very eyes .. little by little .. We had better VOTE !! .. because violence will be on the horizon if we fail to STOP the direction that these people are trying to take OUR country ...
I hear ya, but what do you suggest? We vote but we aren't the only ones voting. We could protest but the Man knows we aren't going to burn down a city and the "counter protesters" know we will abide by the law and not be aggressive unless we have to be.

Something I learned long ago. The silent, friendly type is the one who will be dangerous when the fighting starts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everyone I know is sick of this but what can we actually do? Unless your in law enforcement its not legal for any of us to take matters into our hands.

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
Since the original poster only had 3 posts, all in this thread, and has since disappeared, I would surmise that he/she was a government troll tying to start some illegal stuff in order to entrap people.
Not getting the responses he/she was looking for, he/she moved on.

Of course, as always, this is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Since the original poster only had 3 posts, all in this thread, and has since disappeared, I would surmise that he/she was a government troll tying to start some illegal stuff in order to entrap people.
Not getting the responses he/she was looking for, he/she moved on.

Of course, as always, this is just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
Naw Bubba.... I sure ain't a government troll or anything of the like... I am an honest hard working god fearing American who works between 40-75 hours a week to pay my bills and provide for my family... I started this thread to hear others opinions from around our great nation, not to argue or fight... just listen and that I have done and y'all seem to have a lot more patience and sense for the law than me and my ppl and that is fine... we can still be internet buddy's hahaha

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
Naw Bubba.... I sure ain't a government troll or anything of the like... I am an honest hard working god fearing American who works between 40-75 hours a week to pay my bills and provide for my family... I started this thread to hear others opinions from around our great nation, not to argue or fight... just listen and that I have done and y'all seem to have a lot more patience and sense for the law than me and my ppl and that is fine... we can still be internet buddy's hahaha
Sorry, pal.
You ain't my "buddy".

The people i hang with have all marched to the sound of the guns. You know, for real.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Haha rpd that’s fine by me you don’t know me nor I you and no I haven’t been to a government war but I am not scared to stand on the front lines in any kind of battle here or there

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Haha rpd that's fine by me you don't know me nor I you and no I haven't been to a government war but I am not scared to stand on the front lines in any kind of battle here or there
You should be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Your probably rite PO but the only thing that even slightly scares me about it is seeing my friends and family fall... war and death have been a fact of life since the dawning of time and that’s not going to change and fear causes hesitation and that leads to your bothers falling... so no I do not fear war or death if it comes

·
Administrator
15,382 Posts
no I haven't been to a government war
That much is obvious.
Only someone who has never been there would go looking for a fight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
You are wrong in that statement rpd... I can say that with certainty bc I know a heck of a lot of seasoned veterans who are sick and tired of seeing our nation being torn apart and knowing that the law enforcement and government can do nothing and they are ready to take care of it themselves so it’s not just the ones of us that weren’t over there... it’s ppl from all walks of life that have just had absolutely as much as they can stand... “all enemies forgien and DOMESTIC”

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
You are wrong in that statement rpd... I can say that with certainty bc I know a heck of a lot of seasoned veterans who are sick and tired of seeing our nation being torn apart and knowing that the law enforcement and government can do nothing and they are ready to take care of it themselves so it's not just the ones of us that weren't over there... it's ppl from all walks of life that have just had absolutely as much as they can stand... "all enemies forgien and DOMESTIC"
I don't know you but I know my buddies. They're vets. I know the training they've had and what they've done. No matter what MOS, we all had the same basic training.
There are a few of us who've had rounds fired in our direction and we know how it feels and how the body reacts to such danger. The others have their training that will help them keep it together. You? I wouldn't want you around because you are untrained and an unknown.

None of us talk like you. We don't want what is coming but we know we don't make that call. We roll our eyes and walk away when we hear civilians talk like you are talking.

Judging by your writing style, I assume you are young enough to sign up in the Army for three years. Get some training and experience. Do it quickly, if you are serious.

·
Super Moderator
9,634 Posts
Your probably rite PO but the only thing that even slightly scares me about it is seeing my friends and family fall... war and death have been a fact of life since the dawning of time and that's not going to change and fear causes hesitation and that leads to your bothers falling... so no I do not fear war or death if it comes
If seeing your friends and family die only slightly scare you then I think you are getting in over your head.

I was there for the 60's riots. It happened 3 blocks from my home. I saw what happened.

I was draft age during Viet Nam but couldn't go, couldn't pass the medical. I did have plenty of friends who did go, some I never heard from again. I have known a lot of vets and not one of them will tell you they weren't scared. The other thing I found out was the drastic change in them. RPD is someone I highly respect as are many other vets here. I listen to those who knoww what I don't. I don't just assume.

What I can tell you about me is I have survived more than you'll ever know. I'm retired now, I've earned it. I want to enjoy my retirement and not deal with assholes . I have no desire to be any kind of commando or even a soldier. I will defend me and mine if it comes my way but I can promise you I won't like it and I won't go looking for it.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Those who claim to have never been afraid or never would be afraid, have never really been in harms way.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts