Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throughout the history of movies and novels, there have been many portrayals of zombies. Of course there are the stereotypical Night of the Living dead zombies that we see so often, with a slow walking pace and not a very coordinated bunch. However there are many more depictions such as the zombies from The Omega Man, where they can speak and are almost comedic to an extent when compared to today's portrayals. There are the Resident Evil and Dawn of the Dead where they are stronger and faster, and then there are the terrifying "zombies" in I Am Legend (which surprisingly does away with their original concept in The Omega Man), where they can scale buildings, flip cars, smash through glass and learn/think. So I was wondering what would be your ideal zombie for the apocalypse and why? What do you think the pro's and con's of each are?

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Are you asking what our idea for the most likely zombie scenario is?
I think economic disaster, causing the federal government to shut down, is the likely zombie scenario. The zombies are going to pour out of the housing areas faster than you can say, "Mag me!"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I was more asking what do you think would be the most likely type of zombies would be if it were to happen, and out of all of the different portrayals of zombies, what has been your favorite.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Oh, some seriously screwed up humans who have lost their ability for higher reason, logical deduction, whose only actions are the violent pursuit of the fundamental necessities?
Well, to answer your question, I suppose something like Resident Evil, I suppose, though I think my first answer was more accurate.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahaha, I've seen this, now more than ever, there is a need for people to start prepping.

Reactions: hayden and Denton

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually in Omega Man and I Am Legend they are vampires. Think about it. If you read the book it is spelled out much better. There was also another movie called Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah they were very similar to vampires, especially in the sense that they couldn't go into sunlight which was the biggest give away. Obviously the slow moving brain dead ones would be best, however even the crazy super human "vampires" from I Am Legend were good because you could at least go out during the day and not have to worry about them, whereas with the others they are constantly a threat. I don't think that makes up for everything else they are capable of though, especially when you consider the fact that you have to conceal your scent at night or they will smell where you are. I think a pandemic like this is certainly possible, but more of a killing off most of the worlds population, they wouldn't turn to zombies or anything, but it would be enough to essentially shut down the entire world if it happened. Plus a pandemic, while entirely unpredictable, is certainly a possibility in the near future according to the CDC.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Zombies are fun...
I like the classic reaminated zombies...fast or slow moving...but the still living, brain dead by infection zombies, are more interesting. Since they are likely to have limited mid brain function and a limited ability to learn. They are like brain dead cannibals.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Being a huge fan of "The Walking Dead" I want them to be "walkers".

However, my wife and I entered a 5k zombie run last Saturday. It was the usual run around barricades, trees, ect. but while running/walking they had zombies chasing you to get a flag we had on your belt. Kind of like flag football. The first 5 or 10 zombies were no problem, but after running a while they kept comming. They were shuffeling, running, crawling and they kept comming. Made me realize that yes I could survive the first few waves, but they kept comming. By the end of the run I had to come to the understanding that in SHTF it never ends. Whether its zombies, EMP, or whatever our lives will never be the same.

I have a different mindset about prepping now. I was happy to have our BOB and stored food, water, ammo and all the other stuff, but when it happens it will never end. There was another thread asking if you had a cap on prepping. After last Saturday I now know that when SHTF we better be prepping for the next wave and the next and the next and the next.

Didn't mean bring down the original intent of the OP. The zombie run was a blast and we even had flags left at the end and got a tshirt that said "I survived the Zombie Apocalypes"

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I don't why but I think rather than shoot them maybe one could do something useful with them, how about catching a few and putting them in a big hamster wheel hooked to a generator and dangle some raw meat in front of them to get them walking. Electricity would be a great thing to have in a post zombie apocalypse...I could run the blender and make margaritas...lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
My favorite zombies are probably from 28 Days Later, if you consider them to be zombies (some I know do not), because they broke the mold of the "zombie norm" by being highly aggressive and fast. Needless to say, in a real life zombie situation, I'd give anything to have those NOT be the type of real zombie lol My ideal zombie, if you will, would be slow moving, incapable of running or climbing. They would deteriorate over time, just how much time determined by environment (World War Z, Book). Unlike the zombies in the Resident Evil movies, they wouldn't be able to live indefinitely without consuming living flesh. They would be killed by destroying the brain, burning or full decapitation wouldn't be necessary. The virus would not be existing inside us already (The Walking Dead), and would not be airborne or waterborne. It wouldn't affect the environment in any way (Resident Evil movies), and would be spread by bites or scratches. And it definitely wouldn't affect animals, nor would zombies be drawn to them (Dawn of the Dead). I couldn't handle seeing a horde of zombies chase a dog, or an infected dog, for that matter lol

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Did you read the coroners report that came out after these incidence.

The causeway canible, had only residual THC in his system from weeks earlier, no "Bath Salts" were ingested.

No drugs of any kind.

The government and the media needed something to explain to the populous the causation, this "Bathsalts" was a convienient fit, to scare parents and take it off the shelves.

The truth is that something unexplained, "supernatural" if you will has occured at least seven times that I have seen in the news (likely several times more that we, I, do not know about)

Bath salts were not involved,

READ
The much-anticipated toxicology report released by Miami-Dade Medical Examiner Dr. Bruce Hyma found marijuana in Eugene's system, something CBS4 News had previously reported, but no evidence of any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs, or any adulterants found in street drugs.

The report said this includes cocaine, LSD, amphetamines (Ecstasy, Meth and others), phencyclidine (PCP or Angel Dust), heroin, oxycodone, Xanax, synthetic marijuana (Spice), and many other similar compounds.

Hyma's office specifically ruled out bath salts, a class of synthetic drugs that have been known to cause bizarre behavior and overheating of people who use them, two things that made some believe Eugene's cannibalistic behavior could be blamed on the drugs.

"The department has also sought the assistance of an outside forensic toxicology reference laboratory, which has confirmed the absence of "bath salts," synthetic marijuana and LSD," the report said.

"Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr. Rudy Eugene."

·
Registered
67 Posts
The causeway cannibal, had only residual THC in his system from weeks earlier, no "Bath Salts" were ingested.

No drugs of any kind.

"Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr. Rudy Eugene."
interesting.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
My choice would be the I am legend type. Ever see the alternate ending?.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.