Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
15,594 Posts
I don't really have one, we already live rurally, on a farm. We are at our BOL, have been for 25 years.

My farm truck is an '07 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4X4, off road package, towing package, 5.3 V-8, every option that was available except sun roof.
Wife's truck is an '07 Chevy Silverado 2500 Heavy Duty turbo diesel, 4X4 Crew Cab, off road package, heavy duty towing package - needed to pull her gooseneck 4 horse slant load trailer w/living quarters.

We live on a dirt road, and back to back to back hurricanes and tropical storms in 2004 showed us that 4WD was needed just to get home some days.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts

·
Registered
Utility, function, ease of access, bushcrafting, training, communication
22 Posts
Minivan, my dinky little '04 toyota sienna. Taken me everywhere in my life, family car, doesn't need too much and she runs like a champ. Might not be suitable for off-road, but for my situation she's perfect.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
1989 Chevy P/U with 5.7l engine and 5 speed stick 2 wheel drive Posi-Track rearend with 340k on it and a camper shell. I have had it all these years and like the energizer bunny it keeps on going and going. It got a new engine for the first time about 20k ago. Lowest maintenance vehicle I have ever owned, quick and easy to fix when it does break down and despite the age and weight, I get 19 in the city and 23 on the highway. The chip for OBD I is cracked and as such when it acts up again, its going back to a Carb and I am ditching the EFI. Its been a daily driver all these years, done a lot of RV towing and I long ago lost track of the number of camping, hunting and fishing trips its made. I wouldnt trade it for the world!

·
Registered
9,932 Posts

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Glad this came up. With Biden trying to wean us off gasoline by making it too expensive to buy any has convinced me to buy a fat boy geriatric Tricyle. Hopefully one which can do electric when the peddler gets pooped out. I work two miles from my house and have to go there and back twice a day. It gets expensive. Anybody know if I really need one and if so which one? Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad this came up. With Biden trying to wean us off gasoline by making it too expensive to buy any has convinced me to buy a fat boy geriatric Tricyle. Hopefully one which can do electric when the peddler gets pooped out. I work two miles from my house and have to go there and back twice a day. It gets expensive. Anybody know if I really need one and if so which one? Thanks.
If you’re serious and are mechanically inclined, find a tricycle and retrofit an electric motor system to it.

If not mechanically inclined you can buy one but it will cost a good amount more.

Reactions: bigwheel

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Thanks I aint mechanically inclined but I have pals who are and was highly serious but my wife went nuts when I told her I was fixing to buy one and shes the family complotroller..so I best put that plan on hold till she runs off again.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
those are so unique and rare they don’t really impact the market for boats under $300k, and fact is a $50k sailboat can travel the world!
And the cost of Buggatis won't affect the price of Ford Fiestas either.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Or maybe upgrade with an industrial trike. More than twice as much, but I'll bet it would last longer. I wish they made them with a disc brake, though.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Or maybe upgrade with an industrial trike. More than twice as much, but I'll bet it would last longer. I wish they made them with a disc brake, though.

View attachment 114642
Looks top of the heap to me. Sad news on my new one is its Pink instead of the Old Glory Flag Drapped blue one I ordered. Too much trouble to send it back..so Im gonna drive it. The Lord must have wanted me to have a cheap Pink one for some reason. I need a low budget effective add on pedal assister if you have any theories on that topic. They claim it can make em scoot while saving the energy of the old fat person pedaling.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts