Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What's up Ohio!

4K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  ohio 
#1 ·
:mrgreen:

#3 ·
well seems like nothin is going on in ohio... geez we really are the boring state ;) hahahaha

personally i'm quite busy. moving hay. cutting forage while its still here and not covered in snow or ice. cleanin barns.

Reactions: Slippy
#5 ·
From Ohio here, new to this website. I am mostly interested in good advice on how to be able to develop my own sources for food and water in the case of either extreme natural disaster or EMP strike -- in other words, long term situations. All I have been able to find so far on this website is either obsession with guns or links where you can buy food that has long shelf-life. Now I do think the guns and ammo are necessary items for protection, but they will not do much good if an individual does not have the capability of maintaining or developing their own food and water supplies. And I do not have much confidence in the food kits you can buy. So... can you direct me to the info I am looking for?

#6 ·
You might want to consider some form of supply on hand. When it happens, if it does, there may be no way to have access to foods till planting and grow time. You may also need to move from your location and leave your garden.
If we can with stand the panic and rovers, and keep what we have, it will thin out rather quickly if long term. Then and only then can we plant and harvest. Game will be reduced early to extremely low levels. Food and firearms alone won't get us through, good pure water may be prime requirement. Publications are not readily available, "Grid Down" has some good info, although written as fiction.

#7 ·
One of two things are going to happen: a long term "situation" from which very, very few will emerge. They will be the strong and prepared ones.

The weak, . . . unprepared, . . . unable to cope, . . . will not survive.

OR: a short term situation lasting up to maybe 1 or 2 years, . . . think EMP strike, . . . collossal weather abberation, . . . major financial meltdown.

THIS IS THE ONE most of us can prepare for. Food supply for your family size unit for a year or so, . . . ability to forage, . . . fresh or at least clean water supply available, . . . shelter, . . . weapons & tools for protection.

Start out prepping for the short one, . . . when you are ready for it, . . . start thinking long term.

Just remember, . . . we are not going to totally rebuild today's society, . . . we are going to survive, . . . much different mind set required.

May God bless,
Dwgiht

#10 ·
I'm glad you asked the questions to Ohioans because I am curious as to the voting dynamics in your state. There seems to be some wonderful salt of the earth midwesterners in Ohio but as a media labeled "Swing State" it seems that the vote usually swings toward the democrat. Yes, you now have a republican governor but how does the liberal vote seem to carry the national election? Is it the free-loaders in the large metro areas (Cleveland, Cincy, Columbus) is it the college student population, is the old time Union people? Serious question that I would like to hear from some of you Ohioans?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.