Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I live in North Carolina and east of the Appalachian Mountains. December, January, February are our cold winter months. The most likely catastrophe I think we will face is weather related like ice and snow and an associated loss of power. Depending of course on the size of the storm, oftentimes our outages don't last for more than a few days.

We keep a 14 day food supply and a 3 day water supply on hand. That is adequate for most of our likely catastrophe. With weather related emergencies, there is usually enough warning to add enough water to the stockpile to get us through.

·
Registered
966 Posts
There will probably be a major hurricane along the east coast in the next 10 years, a major hurricane along the gulf coast in the next 2 years, F5 torronado next year, major wildfire next year, a big earth quake somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
9,178 Posts
I wish I knew what the next great catastrophe would be. It would be easier to prepare. I guess I worry about any catastrophe that would turn people into "zombies" (notice the little "z")

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Where I'm at the most likely event would be weather related. Straight Line Winds or Tornado, which we had last week. Both passed within 5 miles of our home. Only a few large limbs went down out back. Others were not so lucky.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
A longer than normal freezing rain event causing a regional long duration power outage.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I wish I knew what the next great catastrophe would be. It would be easier to prepare. I guess I worry about any catastrophe that would turn people into "zombies" (notice the little "z")
Already happened. How do you think we ended up with Obama?

I sure wish they would just let us shoot them in the head like they do on the T.V.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Weather here too,thank the gods we have 2 huge coal fired rip roarin polluting bastard power plants here...we dont expect a power outage here......I hope.....

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
We're having crazy weather swings in the southeastern corner of Alabama, this fall. I'm wondering if we aren't going to have a patch of extreme winter weather. Our idea of extreme is not what some of you would consider all that bad, but freezing temps coupled with six inches of snow is a bad scene for those who have no idea how to survive such conditions.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
We are about to have an "Arctic Blast' this week they are calling it. It is supposed to get to -30 with a -5 below as a HIGH...Along with very hight winds and are talking -40--60 with the wind chill. So power is very likely to go out. I have a few solar panels and a small generator with several hundred gallons each of diesel and gasoline here on the ranch. I also have a few 200+ gallon tanks filled with water with a feeder heater in them so they don't freeze.. Just in case.. We have over a years worth of food in the root cellars and in the extra out buildings here.
I hope the power stays on. I like my heating blanket!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts