Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parents at a high school near Dallas say the authors of a book on U.S. history misfired when they defined the Second Amendment -- and now one of the book's co-authors says the book is being revised.

The work book used at Guyer High School in the city of Denton, "The United States History: Preparing for the Advanced Placement Examination," includes the "summary" definition of the Second Amendment to include the right to "keep and bear arms in a state militia."

The edited definition is seen by gun-rights advocates as an affront to the Second Amendment, which states in full: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." excerpted from fox news

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have read where the book is being used in many states right now.. Gotta love it! They can't do things the right way so they are tryin to teach the kids their way.. The teaching institutions are so fukin liberal in makes me want to puke!!! Especially at the college level.. Tons of college grads right now don't know their ass from a hole inthe ground!! As long as they have their Iphone,Ipads and mochafrappajavalattechino and can go to the clubs and fist pump, it all they give a shit about...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Public schools = government schools. They are forced schools. You don't have a choice and you certainly have no say. As I look back, I realize I did a tremendous disservice to my children by allowing them to go to government schools. I did send one of them to "charter" school and that was the best thing I ever did for one of them.
Do your kids a favor, looking into charter schools, home schooling or private schools. A charter school is the combination of public schools and home schooling. government schools may be okay for grades 1-7, but after that, they will become irreparably harmed by exposure to government schools

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Public schools = government schools. They are forced schools. You don't have a choice and you certainly have no say. As I look back, I realize I did a tremendous disservice to my children by allowing them to go to government schools. I did send one of them to "charter" school and that was the best thing I ever did for one of them.
Do your kids a favor, looking into charter schools, home schooling or private schools. A charter school is the combination of public schools and home schooling. government schools may be okay for grades 1-7, but after that, they will become irreparably harmed by exposure to government schools
The charter schools, at least around here are run by hippies looking to force thier bullshit way of life on the world.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Many schools are nothing more then government indoctrination camps brainwashing kids into the liberal mindset. Years ago I was at my sister-in-law's, who is a teacher, while she had a group of her fellow teachers there. While I listened to them I was amazed at how little they knew about history, current events, and even geography. All they did was sit around and regurgitate some liberal bs that they heard somewhere without even thinking about what they were saying. On the drive home with my wife I said to her "and these idiots are teaching children?". Listen to these clowns. Anyone who owns a firearm is some beer guzzling, uneducated, racist, beer guzzling, trailer park white trash, redneck. Have you ever heard any of them or anyone on TV portray someone who owns a firearm in a positive light? They are either a "hater", a criminal, or someone ends up having something tragic happen in their life because of owning a firearm. I thought that the Supreme Court had settled the "2nd amendment is only for militias" lie a long time ago.
I have met few teachers that I was impressed with. Even when I returned to finish my degree in criminal justice, mind you I had been working in law enforcement for several years at this point and I really was blown away how unqualified the instructors were teaching criminal justice. I remember challenging the instructor on one of her responses and she answered, "I'm sure Mr. Wilcox that criminals are not that smart." :shock:

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
I know they teach the 2nd applies only to a militias. And they strongly say it means a State run militias

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
MG
that's the kind of response I'd expect from someone who takes their cues from reality TV.
She probably watches a lot of the dumb crook videos and has never dealt with the real thing.
Never assume that because a person is criminal they are not intelligent. Two different things.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Yah, that high school is just a few miles down the road here and its a AP course that counts for a college credit, if you can believe that! And that wasn't the only BS summary of one of the historical events in the US/Constitution. With crap like that no wonder my niece had to spend her first year at a community college taking remedial courses before she took her first college level course and its no wonder her younger bother didn't have a freaking clue of what the amendments were and why they were added till I explained them to him...I think he now hates liberalism more than even I do!!!

If you got kids...I suggest you pick their books up and read them some time. You might be surprised at what you find they are being taught!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.