Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here at KC ranch, it's BBQ chicken and macaroni n cheese. Both cooked over open flame. The chicken is a bit old, so I have them on a high flame to quickly heat up. The flame is dying down slowly and should keep the chicken cooking. Mac n cheese in a stainless pot, although I need to change the handle! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424314718.672651.jpg

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I had cheese sticks and popcorn chicken from the deli section for lunch. Then later i had a take and bake pizza. What section is this in?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had cheese sticks and popcorn chicken from the deli section for lunch. Then later i had a take and bake pizza. What section is this in?
Sounds delicious!

This is in food/health/fitness section. Was gonna put it in general talk but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Skillet fried potato's, with onion and smoked sausage.
Quick and easy meal.
Thawed out venison, and have it marinading to make jerky tomorrow night.
1/2 lb of Hot for Deebo. 1/2 lb in Teryaki, and 1lb of regular.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Here at KC ranch, it's BBQ chicken and macaroni n cheese. Both cooked over open flame. The chicken is a bit old, so I have them on a high flame to quickly heat up. The flame is dying down slowly and should keep the chicken cooking. Mac n cheese in a stainless pot, although I need to change the handle! View attachment 9938
That's a good looking supper!!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Skillet fried potato's, with onion and smoked sausage.
Quick and easy meal.
Thawed out venison, and have it marinading to make jerky tomorrow night.
1/2 lb of Hot for Deebo. 1/2 lb in Teryaki, and 1lb of regular.
Are you gonna make some deebo style jerky? I saw his post earlier. I want to try some myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,811 Posts
Had a chicken, black bean, rice, corn, salsa concoction.

If you don't own one I suggest everyone get a Foreman Grill. Easy cooking and easy clean up. Nothing beats a real grill but if it's too cold or you don't want to deal with the grill the Foreman is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Breakfast for supper! Tonight was fried sausage, scrambled eggs, homemade gravy over day-old biscuits.

Edit: I have an indoor electric grill. Basically a coiled heat element like in an oven, set down in a ceramic crock with a grate on top. I don't have the patience to use it. Might now though, with it being 8 blooming degrees outside! Wouldn't want to be standing out there waiting on a real grill to finish.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breakfast for supper! Tonight was fried sausage, scrambled eggs, homemade gravy over day-old biscuits.

Edit: I have an indoor electric grill. Basically a coiled heat element like in an oven, set down in a ceramic crock with a grate on top. I don't have the patience to use it. Might now though, with it being 8 blooming degrees outside! Wouldn't want to be standing out there waiting on a real grill to finish.
I had a blue one. Round. I forget the brand. I LOVED that damn thing. But I lent it to my gramma. She assembled it wrong and it cracked in half. I think she left out the crossbar that holds the heating element up. I have never been able to find another :(

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Leftovers tonight. Not a bad thing, though, when it's slow cooker bar-b-qued chicken drumsticks and sweet potatoes. I think there's some chocolate cookies left.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i had dinner with friends french fries , good vegitables , some salads , bread, georgian dish : bread with cheese , barbecue made in the fireplace and of course 5 liters of awesome georgian white wine , after us 3 guys drinking 4.5 liters of wine we had some coffee with Croissant))))

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Are you gonna make some deebo style jerky? I saw his post earlier. I want to try some myself.
I do mine in the dehydrator. I bought the Jerky Kit several years ago, but havent made any in a few years. I grind the meat, and I'm doing the Hot and the Teryaki from a recipe out of my Venison Cookbook.
Havent tried a homemade recipe before, so hopefully it comes out good. Let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wife took a home made lasagna out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Looking forward to it. She makes her noodles from scratch.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I actually had survival pancakes! Yummy, high protein, gluten free. Flour made from ground millet, buckwheat, amaranth, brown rice, flax seed, and yes, CRICKETS!!!

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
Meat Loaf and self canned green beans boiled in a chunk of bacon fat. Everytime we cook bacon, we store the bacon grease in the freezer in a container. When ready to use it, break off a chunk. I'm settling to watch NASCAR Budweiser Duel from Daytona and just poured a glass of Knob Creek Straight Kentucky Bourbon (Small Batch) over ice.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I had half size Italian hoagie with mayo, tomato, and pepper with provolone cheese on artisan bread. An 8.5 oz sprite and coke.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts