Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Before you worry about EMP. Prepare for local emergencies. Here are some threads that may help you out.

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-prepper-survival-talk/14970-where-begin-new-prepper.html

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/general-prepper-survival-talk/20130-survival-dental-kit.html

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/...al/19118-seven-antibiotics-stockpile-why.html

If you have an unlimited amout of internet that you can use. Then check out YouTube. There are a lot of prepper channels and Survival channels.
Thank you for the advise. I guess I just got my head wrapped up too much into the worse case scenario. It make sense to concern myself with the most likely things to happen first.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You folks are not seriously telling a 15 yr old to go all drill sgt on the family!? Perhaps after talking things over with your family you could suggest such a drill.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
You folks are not seriously telling a 15 yr old to go all drill sgt on the family!? Perhaps after talking things over with your family you could suggest such a drill.
I thought they were telling me to ease my family into the idea by using excuses for prepping then start working together with them to get prepared. At least that is how I understood what they said.

·
Super Moderator
8,589 Posts
I thought they were telling me to ease my family into the idea by using excuses for prepping then start working together with them to get prepared. At least that is how I understood what they said.
Yes, and that's most likely the only way you're gonna make it work. I had to do the same thing with the woman I'm married to. She is not a believer in SHTF but I took the approach of natural disasters. We live in tornado alley. That's where I started. I don't know where you live but a couple of good examples you can use (google the information if you need to) is Katrina and look what happened when Sandy hit New Jersey. Look for disasters that are common in your area. This will give you a starting point and you can add the govt provided info posted earlier.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I was reading the comments about your flipping off the power breaker and tossing the family into a "training exercise".

·
Retired Moderator
3,060 Posts
I respectfully ask EVERYONE to remember that they are talking to a person that is legally a child.

·
Registered
11,937 Posts
That was uncalled for, especially towards a 17 year old.

Sent from somewhere never to be revealed using an ancient alien device...
Hmmm ...... A 17 year old child consumed with EMP thoughts and whom calls himself "AlmostHuman".

Reactions: Slippy

·
Super Moderator
8,589 Posts
And how do we know that the OP is really a teenager?
He has a teenage mentality.

Have y'all played any video games lately? This is where the looting type of mentality comes from. Yeah, even though I'm ancient I still love my PS4. I know this stuff is fantasy. Imagine growing up with it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
So did Blackjack. But an adult's grammatical style. Not a "text message" style.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Sigh, one of the reasons I am wanting to prep is so I won't have to resort to looting.

If I had a year, or even a month, worth of supplies and a bunker, or a relatives house in a rural area, to live in of course I wouldn't loot. I would head towards the location immediately.

Tell me what you people would do in my shoes. If you lived in the city with your family, and you only have a few days worth of food and no place to bug out to?
Would you really not loot? If not, then how would you survive?

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
We don't, isn't it better to err on the side of caution just in case he is?
I don't know if I can answer your question honestly Auntie, so I'll think about it for a while.

However, I do believe that children should not be on the internet at all. My sons were not on the internet (unsupervised or not) when they were 15/16. At least not in my home. I'll repeat, children shouldn't be on the internet. Parents today SUCK.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I don't know if I can answer your question honestly Auntie, so I'll think about it for a while.

However, I do believe that children should not be on the internet at all. My sons were not on the internet (unsupervised or not) when they were 15/16. At least not in my home. I'll repeat, children shouldn't be on the internet. Parents today SUCK.
And why shouldn't they?

·
Banned
20,845 Posts
Sigh, one of the reasons I am wanting to prep is so I won't have to resort to looting.

If I had a year, or even a month, worth of supplies and a bunker, or a relatives house in a rural area, to live in of course I wouldn't loot. I would head towards the location immediately.

Tell me what you people would do in my shoes. If you lived in the city with your family, and you only have a few days worth of food and no place to bug out to?
Would you really not loot? If not, then how would you survive?
Listen and listen well. People have told you what they'd do and also directed you to the many resources this site offers. Yet you still have this immature desire to passively aggressively play stupid while asking the same question over in a different way.

If you are truly a 15/16 year old you shouldn't be on the internet and your parents are remiss in allowing you to do so. If they are unaware of your activities then they are again, remiss in their parenting and you are a little brat.

Either way I don't buy your crap.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts