Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As preppers, there can never be enough of everything and there will always be things that get left out due to money being an issue. So my question to all preppers, if money was no object, what insane things or highly desired but ultra expensive items would you buy?

·
Registered
156 Posts
A yacht large enough to sustain about 12 of us for up to several years at sea with sails for cruising and a fast enough diesel to out run others,utilizing both wind and solar supplimented alternative power sources,well armed and armored,seawater desalinization equipment,not to mention the radio,radar and navigational equipment,room for plenty of storage/stock and comfort.If this was an actual possibility,i'd already be on it and out to sea with a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other.But more realistic,it would be a custom underground well equipped bunker on my current property.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A yacht large enough to sustain about 12 of us for up to several years at sea with sails for cruising and a fast enough diesel to out run others,utilizing both wind and solar supplimented alternative power sources,well armed and armored,seawater desalinization equipment,not to mention the radio,radar and navigational equipment,room for plenty of storage/stock and comfort.If this was an actual possibility,i'd already be on it and out to sea with a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other.But more realistic,it would be a custom underground well equipped bunker on my current property.
That would be one heck of a kitted out yacht. I would personally like my bug out location to look something like this.

Safe House: The Brilliant 'Transformer' House That Can Become a Fort

house-fort.jpg house-opening.jpg house-exterior.jpg
amazing-transformer-house.jpg transformer-house.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
That would be one heck of a kitted out yacht. I would personally like my bug out location to look something like this.

Safe House: The Brilliant 'Transformer' House That Can Become a Fort

View attachment 1778 View attachment 1779 View attachment 1780 View attachment 1781
Well,you did ask "if money was no object",lol.

I've seen and read up on that house before.No doubt it is a stand alone fortress and I do love how it can look like a concrete mansion yet close up in a couple minutes should the need occur.Total badass for the wealthy man.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Damn, beat me to it. An island for sure. Not a little tiny island with just enough room for a house and boat dock, but for a few houses, buildings, planting fields, good fresh water source and hunting grounds, not too far, but far enough from a good mainland (larger islands) with fair political outlook of the world, moral value, economic standing and lack of respect for the American government and sticking their fat noses in things.

caribbean-islands.jpg
1318248183m24tk7.jpg
I'd have a staff of young hotties working and guarding the place. My family would be allowed to visit but not stay long term. Visit and go home, because they get on my nerves as is. It would be a self sustaining island, stocked with weapons and able to defend itself against pirates and other asshats looking to cause trouble. Signs would be posted all over to be seen from the water that visitors were strictly prohibited and will be fired upon if they try. Communications for emergencies would be posted also on a standard frequency.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would buy 1000 acres, build a large fortress, stock it to the gills. Guns, ammo, food, water, vehicles and alternative energy sources. Gas and diesel. Horses, cattle, sheep. Build a farming area. Oh, also a golf course. Who says the end of the world can't be a little fun. I

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Those silo' condominiums look kind of cool.

Money unfortunately is an object though. BTW a 1000 acres isn't that hard to come by in some places.
My brother and I were looking at that Northern Mexico property on ebay for 249,000 - 2500 acres and they
had a spread that was even more in terms of acreage. I mean at the EOTWAWKI you can pretty much assume
anyone tresspassing is a drug dealer right - if you buy there now you can start early :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Those silo' condominiums look kind of cool.

Money unfortunately is an object though. BTW a 1000 acres isn't that hard to come by in some places.
My brother and I were looking at that Northern Mexico property on ebay for 249,000 - 2500 acres and they
had a spread that was even more in terms of acreage. I mean at the EOTWAWKI you can pretty much assume
anyone tresspassing is a drug dealer right - if you buy there now you can start early :)
With the risk of sounding like a hippie, it could be done if people combined resources & built their own town. A gated community of sorts. Once incorporated there could be city laws that restrict leaders & levy heavy penalties on corruption. Last I heard Santa Claus, AZ was still for sale.

·
Registered
219 Posts
7,000 acres in a desolate area in Eastern Kentucky that I can do anything I want on! Build homes...log...mine coal...whatever!

Wait....I already got that LOL!

Nevermind!

·
Registered
302 Posts
A fun question....

Humm...

1. I'd either buy the 55 acres close to me that sits on the edge of the mountain overlooking the small rural area I live, or I'd buy thousands of acres either in Alaska or Montana...

2. Build a large log cabin type fortress with an underground bunker so large and stocked to the brim to the point it would take a jazzy wheel chair w/basket and a map to figure out where to find the beef jerky I hung on the peg boards...lol then I'd go around a corner to the Freezer Section and pick out my favorite flavor of Ice Cream for dessert. (I'd have to have enough room to house atleast 30 or 40...lol)

3. Live completely GREEN! No outside source of electricity whatsoever...

4. Dare anyone with a bad attitude to cross over the NO TRESSPASSING signs or be met with by an angry mob and be removed by force. Take your pick, either be removed still breathing or go out with your boots on silently.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Not much if money was no object then I would be so rich others would give me anything to get on my good side.
Seriously if I had a very large stash I would start a program 100% free of Government.
I would use the church to find Family's in real need. They would be Qualified as to true need .
They would be offered a contract. It would provide all living expenses, education, job placement ect. Everything they need to get a new start in the right direction. Once on track they would repay only a small amount based on how well it worked out for them , That repayment would go to the next.
Welfare does not work never has we do need to help people but we have to do it right. They must have skin in the game.
That is what I would buy a real chance for others

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I would buy more farm land after paying off my property that we live on. I believe I could quit my job with a 1000 acres to farm. We do 238 to 300 depending on who cuts in on us each year. Good tillable farm land is going for 7000 per acre around here.

·
Registered
938 Posts
First, I would buy this ranch:

Colorado Ranches For Sale - The River Ranch at Round Mountain

Then I would put in an airfield, buy a fleet of corporate jets, a fleet of jet helicopters, a fleet of exotic cars/motorcycles/off-road vehicles, build my own race track and off-road courses, set aside a portion of the ranch for rescued animals with a caring staff to nurture them all, put in a billiards/bowling alley/shooting range/skeet range/snowmobile course and a party palace for friends....

·
9,020 Posts
I'd pay for air conditioning for the entire middle east. I've always thought that the real problem was the heat over there. Ya can't get a decent nights sleep without it. Maybe that's why they're so cranky all the time!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts